CAD Support Specialist at Pennoni
Posted in Consultant 20 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Bethlehem, PennsylvaniaJob Description:
Pennoni Associates, established in 1966, is a multidiscipline engineering and design consulting firm that provides personalized services and solutions to meet the needs of our diverse clients. Pennoni provides services to local, state, and federal government clients, private, commercial, industrial, and construction clients as well as to other professional firms.
Pennoni Associates is currently looking for a Design Technology Specialist who will work closely with IT and the Design Technology group to ensure staff have required resources, training and software relevant to design needs. They shall also maintain current knowledge of infrastructure design software and industry developments, and act as a leader and mentor by coaching and motivating project team members in the use of advanced design technologies. A Design Technologist should also be able to serve as a possible resource to staff members during all phases of a project. They will be responsible for collaborating industry peers, partners, and consultants to expand the firm’s knowledge base, keep us on the cutting edge, and increase our profile.
- Assist in the development and deployment of company standards and content
- Maintain and troubleshoot computer software applications
- Coordinate regular design technology assessments
- Support IT with software-related helpdesk support tickets
- Provide hardware and network support as it relates to Design Technology
- Provide satellite office support using various PC remote control technology
- Educate and train staff on various resources and tools available
- Evaluate new software, services and methods
- Develop and maintain company standards documentation, workflows, and content
- Develop and maintain client-based standards documentation and content
- Assist with standards adherence automation by software configuration, customization and/or content sourcing/synchronization
- Assist with developing standardized plotting, publishing and electronic file submission configurations and processes
- Contribute to the development and management of design file quality control systems and processes
*some travel will be required*
Why Work With Us?
Pennoni Associates Inc., an ENR Top 500 consulting engineering firm, has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. According to the results of the surveys, Pennoni has built a great workplace where its employees trust the people they work for, enjoy the people they work with, and take pride in what they do. Our excellent work relationships are strengthened because of our unique ability to anticipate and exceed expectations of our clients by using multi-disciplined engineering, ensuring the continued success of their projects and our firm.
- Knowledge in BIM programs and practices
- Associates Degree in Engineering Design Technology
- 5+ years’ experience in Autodesk Infrastructure modeling applications (Civil 3D, ESRI, Infraworks, 3ds Max, etc.)
- 2+ years’ experience in CAD Management
- Autodesk Certification is a plus