Site Business Manager. various locations in the North American Region, Elko, NV at Newmont USA Limited
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Elko, Nevada
Job Location: Various locations in the North American Region, these are site based positions.
Job Grade: DOE
Positions are available at Carlin Surface, Carlin Underground, Phoenix, Twin Creeks and Long Canyon in Nevada and CC&V in Colorado. If you have a preference as to which site you are interested in please indicate that in your cover letter.
The Site Business Manager provides strategic and operational leadership in the commercial and business services of the Newmont North America Operations. The incumbent is responsible for identifying opportunities for increasing project returns and reducing risks. This includes coordinating developing and maintaining departmental expenditure, modeling sound business decisions and reviewing financial systems in consultation with stakeholders to ensure continual improvement. The Site Business Manager is responsible for providing strategic commercial input in to the (site). The Site Business Manager is an important role which directly and indirectly impacts commercial decisions of material significance to (site), through analysis, advice and the maintenance of reporting systems across the site. This role is responsible for all financial reporting for (site) including actual, budget and forecast costs as well as capital expenditure reporting. This position is expected to liaise closely with the Business Planning and Finance organization in the NARO, coordinating closely with the site accountant(s), full potential coordinator, GM and GM direct reports in the completion of these duties.
Planning and Forecasting: Directly responsible for coordinating Forecasting, Phase 1 & 2 planning process on site, including:
- Disseminate plan guidance and ensure adherence to guidance; scheduling & planning for site process within context of regional process
- Coordinate, prepare materials and perform analysis for GM review of physicals & costs (CSC)
- Provide support to GM for concise delivery of the “story” of new plan and analyze/explain variances to prior plan
- Ensure site plans are input into BPC correctly
- Leverage Site Accountant to ensure AISC/Financials are completed timely/accurately
- Responsible for working with Mine/Mill manager to compile short-term forecast on behalf of GM; liaise with Mine/Mill Manager and GM to ensure agreement and accuracy of forecast
- Responsible for updating short-term GM production forecast and providing commentary
Responsible for establishment and continuous improvement of site financial processes and systems that will preserve the operation’s value and result in well-informed commercial decisions.
Actual Results: Single point of contact for monthly results analysis and commentary (both operating & financial) for GM and NARO; work closely with Site Accountants and Mine/Mill Managers to explain results, including:
- Closely track site performance (primarily productivities, operational metrics and cost details) against plan in support of Site and Regional Performance Reviews
- Perform variance analysis and highlight areas of concern; leveraging site accountant where necessary
The Site Business Manager is responsible for all financial transactions that the operation makes and for all financial reports that are prepared, both onsite, and from the site support services departments.
Investments & Decision Support: Provide strategic commercial input into Investment process; participate in Site Investment Counsel; ensure proper economics/trade-offs are completed in support of investments.
The Site Business Manager must meet the dual requirements of providing commercial services to operational personnel, whilst also supporting the reporting and information needs of managers from regional and corporate offices.
Support decision making through economic modelling and analysis. Interpret operating results as they affect the financial position of the operation and make recommendations in relation to cost reduction, profit improvement, capital management and risk reduction.
Duties may vary depending on the site located at.
Training & Experience
Undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics or Mining related degree. If degree in Finance, mining operations experience desired. If degree in technical mining related field, minor in business, economics, MBA or CFA desirable.
For more information on Newmont:
- Newmont website: http://www.newmont.com/home/default.aspx
- Lifecycle of a Mine microsite (educational site that explains what happens during each phase of a mine's life): http://lifecycle.newmont.com/
- Newmont's blog site (weekly stories highlighting work being done in Newmont's regions and our employees): http://ourvoice.newmont.com/
- Newmont's annual sustainability report: http://sustainabilityreport.newmont.com/
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org.