Autonomous Driving Software Project Manager at Aptiv
Posted in Architecture 20 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mountain View, California
Moving Mobility Forward
Aptiv is making mobility real. We're at the forefront of solving mobility's toughest challenges. We have the people, experience, know-how and confidence to turn ideas into solutions. Solutions that move our world from what's now to what's next, while connecting us like never before. To us, nothing is impossible when you have the people with the passion to make anything possible. Mobility has the power to change the world, and we have the power to change mobility.
Join our Innovative Team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Here's your opportunity. Join the technology company that's transforming the future of mobility today.
Aptiv is a global technology company that develops safer, greener and more connected solutions, which enable the future of mobility. Headquartered in Gillingham, England, Aptiv has 147,000 employees and operates 14 technical centers, as well as manufacturing sites and customer support centers, in 45 countries. Visit aptiv.com
Electronics and Safety provides critical components, systems and advanced software for passenger safety, security, comfort and infotainment, as well as vehicle operation, including body controls, reception systems, and connectivity systems, hybrid vehicle power electronics, passive and active safety electronics, displays, and mechatronics. We enable Aptiv to be a world leader in Advanced Driver Assistance programs and automated driving. Divisional HQ: Wuppertal, Germany
About this Position
We are an exceptional team of software engineers looking for a technical project manager to join our team and assist with the development of a cutting edge platform used to validate autonomous vehicle technology.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Technical project manager of an autonomous vehicle simulation software development activity
- Organize, document, & manage the timelines for each software development component
- Interact with a team of developers to understand capability status, & where changes are needed
- Assist the team with administrative activities, stakeholder communication, & external partner interaction
- Travel to stakeholder sites to assess progress, document status, & shape activity planning
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or related technical field
- 3+ years of technical project management experience
- 3+ years of experience working in a software development or software engineering environment
Nice to haves (Preferred Qualifications)
- Experience working in a multi-site organization
- Enjoys being part of and working with a highly diverse team
- Demonstrated interest in autonomous technologies or simulation tools
- Proficient and hands on experience with standard productivity software: Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Comfortable communicating with technical experts & managing technical workflows
- Willingness to adapt & solve bottlenecks, regardless of where & how they occur
Traits We Seek
- Curiously investigate everything - ability to solving problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
- Lead with confidence - thought leaders who empower those around them
- Learn by doing - an entrepreneurial mindset that's driven by hands-on experimentation
- Embrace resilience - seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
Aptiv Rewards and Advantages
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Competitive health benefits
- 401K with matching contribution
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Apply Online Ready to take the first step?