Associate Program/Project Engineer at Medtronic
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mansfield, Massachusetts
Careers that Change Lives
As the Associate Program/Project Engineer, you will be a member of the Medtronic Operations team.
The Minimally Invasive Therapies Group strives to enable earlier diagnosis, better treatment, faster complication-free recovery, and enhanced patient outcomes through less invasive surgical solutions. SURGICAL INNOVATIONS sets the standard for Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) by creating innovative surgical products and services that focus on obesity and diseases and conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, lung, abdominal wall, pelvic region, and the head and neck.
A Day in the Life
You will support all all Minimally Invasive Therapies Group (MITG) manufacturing facilities for project engineering and project management for large scale operations and supply chain projects.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team that is rolling out new labeling standards, product identification and traceability across the company
- Coordinate changes with teams and manufacturing sites
- Contribute to and executes engineering schedules and plans
- Participate on team activities including equipment and/or software deployment and artwork / labeling implementation, including training for personnel
- Provide ongoing feedback to project management for implementations and risks
- Manage Change Development Process (CDP) for project tracking and deliverables within the Quality Management System (QMS), as required
- Lead change control and technical design reviews, as required
- Execute Master Validation Plans for packaging labeling and equipment
- Conduct on-site assessments of equipment capabilities, if required.
- Instruct engineers and technical support staff on engineering test and build requirements.
- Provide written reports and engineering documentation as necessary.
- Work with supply chain and logistics on execution of product identification and traceability within the supply chain
- Provide analysis for special projects, such as plant and product rationalizations.
- Utilize project management tools such as keeping and monitoring up-to-date Microsoft Project Gantt charts, tracking financials of project.
- Oversee and manage the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
- Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports.
Must Have: Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in Engineering plus previous internship experience
- Six Sigma tools, Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Strong written and verbal communications (including presentation skills)
- Process Validation (IQ, OQ, PQ) knowledge and experience preferred
- Quality Management Systems (QMS): ISO9001 / ISO13485
- Medical Device / FDA experience (Part 820)
- Supply Chain, Logistics, Distribution
- Accounting, Financial Planning
- Strong Computer skills; proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, etc.)
Working Conditions -Ability to travel domestic and international, approximately 20% of the time
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team.
Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees