Structural Design Engineer at Flatiron
Posted in Design 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Broomfield, ColoradoJob Description:
Location: Broomfield, CO USA
Duration: Full-time Regular
Department: Construction & Engineering
# of Openings: 1
Req #: 2282
As a Structural Design Engineer in our Broomfield, CO office, you will have the opportunity to join our Technical Services Group (TSG). As a TSG team member, you will provide innovative, optimized technical & value engineering solutions for Design & Construction challenges. You will contribute through all phases of project delivery, from conceptual design through final construction. You will prepare construction methods and designs including basic and detailed analysis, design calculations, equipment & material research and sketches and final drawings for use in estimating for bids and on the project site.
- Make project engineering decisions within the bounds set by applicable policies, standards, guidelines and contract commitments
- Support design coordination and liaising with Clients and Subcontractors
- Actively coordinate with all other internal/external team members on complex projects.
- Deliver designs within budget, program and quality constraints
- Follow technical processes, procedures and promotes a culture that is conducive to quality. Supports continuous improvement, change management and risk management efforts
- Perform special studies or analyses of specific portions of a project including conventional types of designs, research, investigation, survey, or equipment with few complex features
- Perform peer/ constructability reviews to improve structural details of permanent and temporary works
- Participate in proposal writing, interview preparation and presentations
- Manage project schedules, budgets and staffing requirements
- Work effectively at all phases of projects through bidding, planning, delivery and construction.
- Perform additional assignments as directed by the management team.
- May coordinate work of drafters, designers, technical assistants, engineers, subcontractors; including work assignments, scheduling, and review under limited supervision of the engineering manager
- Prepare written reports on results of studies and investigations under the guidance of supervisor
- May carry out supervisory or mentoring responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; disciplinary actions; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- May include assignment to project sites across North America
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Structural engineering from an accredited institution and 2+ years related experience in the heavy civil construction industry
- Intermediate knowledge of AutoCAD, structural analysis software (such as RISA) and engineering techniques
- Engineering-in-Training Certification (EIT) required and Professional Engineer Registration is preferred
Some of the benefits you can expect as a Flatiron employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Flatiron is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.