Do you want to join one of the World's Most Admired Companies? Are you looking to be part of a dynamic and growing organization, who's company culture is centered on empowering its employees to make decisions? As one of the world's largest electronic manufacturing companies, Jabil is focused on hiring the best people.
Supervises a group of individuals involved in the development, support, coding, testing, debugging, documenting, maintaining, and installing of business applications programs. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
-Maintain availability of system including assisting installation at plant sites, providing support to current users, monitoring the system and troubleshooting issues.
-Train and support for all plants including coordination with other plants and installation teams.
-Participate in development and rollout of new functionality.
-Assist in development of guidelines, checklist, procedures and training documentation.
-Ensure that projects are scheduled, planned to achieve the right balance of roadmap/strategic developments and necessary ongoing enhancements to maintain the integrity of the application/infrastructure.
-Ensure project communication is effective with all parties.
-Allocate resources to projects.
-Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”.
-Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
-Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
-Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality).
-Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
-Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
-Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
-To be proficient and knowledgeable in all areas related to the IT department functions.
-To maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to the IT systems.
-Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction.
-Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
- Thorough understanding of' clustering services, high availability solutions and continuous data protection technologies.
- Understand at least one database management system to include bundled tools and processes for administering it. Education & Experience Requirements
- Must have Bachelors Degree and one or more advanced technical certifications (such as MCSE, CISSP).
- Minimum of 8 years of IT experience.
- Advanced performance-tuning skills, such as calculating iops.
- As a whole, the Systems Engineer is responsible for all servers, server-side software, and infrastructure equipment. This includes among other things infrastructure planning, system monitoring, contingency planning, business continuity, security,, performance tuning, software' distribution, connectivity and' production support.
- Software engineering utilizing common programing or scripting languages skills a plus.
- Participating in a 24/7 on-call support rotation.
- Defining security and systems hardening critera.
- Must be able to leverage a thorough understanding of the interactions between systems to not only troubleshoot problem, but also identify performance-tuning opportunities.
- Experience with thin-client technologies, Terminal Services, Citrix Metaframe.
- Hands-on Experience with backup software sucha as BrightStor or ARCserve.
- Experience with antivirus programs, spam filters and web monitoring.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Advanced Knowledge of and experience with different server operating platforms.
- Experience with Storage Area Networks and related concepts.
Jabil offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program, and a supportive environment that provides learning and career development opportunities. Jabil is an equal opportunity employer.