Senior Account Supervisor, Financial Services at Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Posted in Public Relations 19 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
The Financial Services industry is undergoing a period of immense change. The industry has needed to pivot from an opaque group of insiders to a public-facing sector that meets the demands of investors, regulators, and challengers in the form of upstart tech companies. They have a story they want to tell – whether it’s about how they are the nervous system for the financial world at large, how they have reoriented with a client-centric approach, or how they are building the banking model for the future in a world where AI wins.
The communications field is also in a unique position--the earned, owned and paid media landscapes are evolving, public relations and marketing are converging, and it’s harder than ever to get the media and audiences’ attention. We are working with clients and their teams in new ways to mine for stories and leverage all storytelling techniques—social, web, media, in-person, events, etc.—to help them reach people.
The New York Financial Services team is looking for someone who wants to help guide our clients during this shift. We are looking for a Senior Account Supervisor to play a key role on our team and become a trusted resource and counsel to clients and other internal partners.
While there is no “typical day” at Edelman, you will:
- Oversee operational performance of accounts, ensuring quality work, deadline and budget adherence
- Play a major role in creation of communications plans and goals; manage against them
- Serve as daily client contact and act as client lead when appropriate; address client issues thoughtfully and effectively, providing counsel and troubleshooting issues
- Introduce new strategies and activations to clients, looking for opportunities to expose clients to different Edelman teams and specialty groups
- Consistently produce high quality internal and external communications content
- Build relationships with third-party influencers and internal business partners to meet client needs
- Demonstrate tactical proficiency in media relations, including creating and driving both traditional and social media outreach plans
- Supervise staff by motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, holding them accountable and conducting their reviews
- Contribute to business growth through introducing clients to new ideas, building network of industry contacts and participating in relevant professional organizations
- At least five years of full-time experience in public relations and/or related fields including advertising, management consulting, and media
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., public relations, communications, English, advertising, journalism, finance, marketing, business)
- Solid understanding of traditional media landscape
- Proven experience in managing and leading projects (including budgets) and small teams simultaneously
- Ability to excel as a daily client contact, as well as develop and execute plans to meet client goals
- Passion for finding the interesting piece of any story
- Excellent writing or creative skills that can be applied to storytelling
- Have demonstrated ability to delegate and accurately judge and edit the work of others
- Possess solid research, writing, and editing skills
- Demonstrate strong presentation skills and the ability to ideate on the spot and actively participate in group discussions
- Be results-and-solutions-orientated