Associate Brand Manager, Marketing Innovation at The Wine Group
Posted in Art 20 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Livermore, California
Established in 1981 The Wine Group (TWG) is a privately-held, management-owned company with a portfolio of leading brands, including Cupcake, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, Chloe, Franzia, and many other brands.
The Wine Group is one of the top leaders in the wine industry. As a privately held management-owned company with 14 wineries in California, New York, and Australia, we thrive to win with exceptional people who share our values. We produce many well-known brands including Franzia, Cupcake, Chloe, Flip Flop, Save Me San Francisco, Insurrection, Concannon, Benziger and Imagery.
Under the direction of the Director of Innovation at the Livermore, CA office, the Associate Brand Manager will thrive in a culture that is creative, brand-savvy, entrepreneurial, fast-paced, solutions focused, team oriented, zealously cost conscious, and fun. S/he will be a creative and results-driven innovator, with strong competencies in innovation strategy, concept ideation, new product development, commercialization, and route to market strategy.
The ideal profile:
The ideal candidate will have a unique combination of (a) best-in-class skill, competence and confidence as a creative innovator coupled with (b) the ability to manage new product development/commercialization and route to market strategy.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Innovative Thinker and Demand Creator: Skilled innovator who is comfortable operating in a non-traditional, fast paced environment. Someone who is competent assessing industry opportunities and developing creative concepts to fit these opportunities.Has experience with consumer insights, category analytics, product development, and packaging.
Entrepreneurial Track Record and Competitive Drive: Proven success in an entrepreneurial venture, including an appreciation for an environment of resource limitations, cost control, prudent risk taking and limitless creativity.Ability to manage ambiguity and multiple priorities at once.
Creative Leader: Intuitively “gets” brands and has the ability to direct creative; highly detail-oriented with ‘zero-defect’ orientation, and zealous about ensuring all communication is an exceptional expression of the Brand.
Efficient Project Leader: Effective in managing teams and guiding projects through the system.Conveys a sense of urgency throughout project lifecycle and holds team accountable for execution.Strong written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to listen and understand different perspectives.
Entrepreneurial Track Record, Competitive Drive: Proven success in an entrepreneurial venture, including an appreciation for an environment of resource limitations, cost control, prudent risk taking and limitless creativity.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field required, OR equivalent work experience.
- MBA preferred but not required
- 4+ years’ experience in CPG brand management or Innovation.
- Wine or spirits industry and/or food/beverage experience preferred
- Ability to work weekends, weekdays, holidays and some evenings
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet and computer aptitude
- Discretion with confidential information
- Must have ability to multitask, work well under pressure and be able to adhere to strict deadlines
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Excellent analytical, organizational & interpersonal skills with attention to detail
- Provide good verbal and written communications to all levels of management, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
Leadership and Drive: Collaborative team leader with high motivation and strong desire to achieve in a demanding environment. Sets dramatic goals and aggressive schedules for improvement. Conveys a sense of urgency, and drives issues to closure. A team builder who inspires, coaches, develops and leads from the trenches and by example. Holds oneself and others accountable for achieving high levels of performance and responsiveness. Attracts, retains and develops strong talent.
Intellectual Curiosity: Connects “the dots” quickly and perceptively. Problem solves without a road map. Fascinated by emerging consumer trends and design. Enjoys challenging conventional wisdom.
Communication Skills: Translates data into focused insights. Highly articulate. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; operates equally effectively in formal and informal settings both internally and externally. Well-honed influencing skills; courage to confidently express an independent point of view.
Cultural Astuteness and Flexibility: Is pragmatic, adaptable and focused in a fast-paced environment. Adapts strategies and approach as new information and circumstances arise. Is resilient in the face of challenging obstacles.
Energy: Has a very high capacity for work. Shows passion, energy/endurance, intensity and excitement. Is outcome/results focused and drives issues to closure. Resourceful and innovative; always pushing to find new and better ways of working.
- Position operates in a professional office environment
- Ability to travel frequently between home office, corporate office and vendor/agency sites
- Position includes travel to various industry and/or company events, 10-20% of the time
The Wine Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
See Job Description