Medication Access Specialist – Pharmacy (Inpatient Services) at University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
Posted in Pharmaceutical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Join the UW Health Pharmacy Team.
We are seeking a Medication Access Specialist – Inpatient Services to:
- Collaborate with providers, pharmacists, care teams, and patients to solve complex insurance issues
- Ensure patients receive the access necessary to required medications
- Provide a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers
- Work in a fast paced, changing environment, no two days are ever the same
- Bring a high level of collaboration and teamwork to the department
Minimum - High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred - Completion of an accredited pharmacy technician training program
Minimum - One (1) year experience as a pharmacy technician or completion of accredited pharmacy technician training program
Preferred - Three years of ambulatory pharmacy experience (medication reimbursement and healthcare insurance prior authorization experience)
Licenses and Certifications:
Preferred - Certified Pharmacy Technician
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of medication reimbursement
- Knowledge of healthcare insurance prior authorization/coding preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to use computers and a variety of computer programs including word processing, database management and spreadsheets.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to effectively manage conflicts and resolve problems.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to effect collaborative alliances, promote teamwork and ensure a high degree of internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Ability to speak to patients effectively in a variety of settings.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced and changing environment with multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform insurance carrier/managed care review
Light: Ability to lift up to 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
Full-Time; 40 hours per week. Scheduled hours will range from 6:30 am – 6:00 pm. Weekend rotations are required. Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.