Maintenance and Repair Mechanic - Orlando, FL at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Automotive 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Orlando, Florida
Job ID: 131599
Oldcastle Coastal is a division of the Oldcastle Architectural Products Group (APG). APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 165 operating locations and more than 5,000 employees.
Responsible for overall maintenance and repair of equipment, tools, and machinery as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor or Head Mechanic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, adjust, and repair production equipment, heavy trucks and special purpose machines as assigned
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools to repair, grease, weld, cut, change parts and complete tasks as assigned
- Weld and use cutting torch as required
- Perform general repairs to plant structures
- Keep work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Test and troubleshoot malfunctioning machinery, determine repairs and discuss with Head Mechanic for approval and repair as needed
- Replace faulty parts, electrical wires, motors, controls and circuit boards
- Install equipment and electrical components and test to ensure proper functioning
- Dismantle equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools
- Replace and install parts as needed
- Lubricate and clean parts and equipment to ensure proper operation
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Requirements / Education / Experience
- High school diploma/equivalent, or comparable in training, education or experience
- Technical or vocational school certification or equivalent in training or experience
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and operations manuals and follow step by step instructions
- Mechanical aptitude and ability are essential
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
- Knowledge of hydraulics, mechanics, electricity, carpentry or related field preferred
- Lift tools, machinery parts and other objects weighing up to 60-80lbs each, assistance available if needed
- Endure intermittent bending, crouching, pushing, pulling, stooping and reaching
- Standing for extended period of time
- Able to work under extreme conditions such as hot or cold temperatures, noise, dust, and dirt
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Coastal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Coastal is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.