Nurse Specialist, Clinical Psychiatry at Northeastern University
Posted in Health Care 20 days ago.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Nurse Specialist, Clinical Psychiatry
Requisition Number: STFR004389
Division/College: University Health and Counseling
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
Reporting to the Director of Behavioral Health, working under the supervision of a psychiatrist,
This is a 35 hours/week, benefits-eligible position. Work schedule to be determined, but will include occasionally rotating in a weekly on-call schedule with overnight phone availability. Schedule includes evening and occasional Saturday hours.
• Master’s degree in psychiatric nursing,
• Current Commonwealth of Massachusetts license as Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) with current authorization by the Board to engage in advanced practice nursing activities, including prescriptive practice for psychotropic medications, and ability to perform comprehensive behavioral health assessments and treatment plans.
• Certified as either Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (Adult or Family), or Adult Psychiatric– Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist.
• Minimum of 12 months experience as a prescribing psychiatric nurse clinician.
• Active Federal DEA and Massachusetts MCSR certificates.
• Excellent demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated success interacting with patients and staff with tact, discretion, and sensitivity in a highly diverse patient and staff setting.
• Ability to make safe and appropriate triage, walk-in and urgent visit assessments, formulate safety and
follow-up plans and make safe and appropriate referral for ongoing community treatment.
• Ability to work collaboratively within the clinical and administrative policies and procedures of a university
health center setting, and with all health center and academic support staff, community-based hospitals and health care providers.
This position requires a criminal background check.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency