Senior Architectural Professional at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
SOM is one of the largest and most influential architectural, interior design, engineering, and urban planning firms in the world. Central to this legacy of success is our team, which values enthusiastic collaboration, ambition, innovation, and a commitment to design excellence and the development of the architectural practice. We are dedicated to fostering our highly talented team, and constantly seek to better our workplace and culture. By joining our New York office, team members will become part of a firm devoted to the advancement of the built environment.
- Completion of professional degree in architecture
- Minimum of five years total post-graduate professional experience within the field of architecture, with exposure to all project phases
- Eagerness to work within a collaborative team environment on complex projects
- Ability to work autonomously, and to be responsible for large portions of projects
- Show emerging leadership traits, including coordinating efforts of a project team
- Experience in managing and communicating with client and consultant team(s) to facilitate client and firm goals
- Built-project experience, including knowledge of materials, detailing, and codes
- Experience with the preparation and supervision of design and construction documentation
- Strong conceptual design fluency, with ability to propel creative and innovative solutions
- Excellent personal and team organizational and time management skills
- Proven commitment to high performance and sustainability design strategies
- Proficiency in Revit, digital modeling software, Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Excellent communication skills - spoken, graphic, and written
- Significant completion of requirements for professional accreditation and licensure
- Pursuit or achievement of LEED professional accreditation or similar credentials
- Some roles may require additional experience in construction administration
We are committed to the evolution of our firm and the practice of architecture, and welcome unique experiences and qualifications beyond the above. We encourage prospective candidates to display their creativity, enthusiasm, and unique interests through the application process.
- Plans, schedules, organizes, and executes distinct portions of projects under periodic oversight of Associate, Associate Director, Director, and/or Partner.
- Provides major input in the development of the entire concept, incorporating all required systems for the assigned work.
- Responsible for an assigned portion of a project’s conceptual design, subsequent design development, and relevant quality control efforts during all phases of project work.
- Can effectively communicate creative and innovative solutions, along with appropriate research and documentation, to support a project needs.
- Actively collaborates with and coordinates portions of work to ensure that project deliverables are coordinated, integrated, and support the design concept and project performance goals.
- Organizes own work efforts and that of his/her assigned team.
- Directly assist and mentors assigned team members.
SOM offers opportunities to work on transformational projects, competitive salaries, health insurance, wellness, retirement and financial and other work/life plans.
At SOM, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We believe an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our firm, and our community, while also enriching and challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Visit this page to learn more about SOM's employment policy and how to apply offline: www.som.com/employment_opportunities_and_policy
For more about SOM: www.som.com
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions (Architecture, Interiors, Planning, etc). Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios as part of your application in the section where the application asks you for your Resume or CV.