Technical Associate Director at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
SOM, one of the most influential design firms in the world, is seeking innovative, creative, independent, and critical thinkers who aspire to the highest standards of excellence. Join our collaborative design practice as a Technical Associate Director for the opportunity to build a strong and thriving career.
The New York office is looking for senior leadership with a passion in technical design to contribute to complex and challenging projects. While we are seeking individuals with various experience, we also are looking for individuals with focused expertise to contribute to our ongoing work in interiors, transportation, international large scale mixed use and residential markets.
Desired skills and expertise:
- Licensed architect with completion of five or six-year architectural degree program
- Ten or more years of progressively responsible experience in all phases of architectural and substantial experience in the design of large scale projects
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of architectural design, delineation, detailing, building materials, building codes, construction techniques, and costs
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of general architectural practice including programming, site planning, civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical engineering
- Responsible for the Technical Development of the project, for the preparation of construction documents and administration of the project through construction
- Solves complex problems in connection with the technical development of large-scale projects
SOM offers opportunities to work on transformational projects, competitive salaries, health insurance, wellness, retirement and financial and other work/life plans.
At SOM, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We believe an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our firm, and our community, while also enriching and challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Visit this page to learn more about SOM's employment policy and how to apply offline: www.som.com/employment_opportunities_and_policy
For more about SOM: www.som.com
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions (Architecture, Interiors, Planning, etc). Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios as part of your application in the section where the application asks you for your Resume or CV.