Architectural Professional at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
Posted in Architecture 19 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Washington, Washington DC
SOM, one of the most influential design firms in the world, is seeking innovative, creative, independent, and critical thinkers who aspire to the highest standards of excellence. Join our collaborative design practice as an Architectural Professional for the opportunity to build a strong and thriving career.
Desired skills and expertise:
- Completion of professional degree in architecture
- Minimum of three years’ total post-graduate professional experience within the field of architecture
- Eagerness to work within a collaborative team environment on high profile projects
- Ability to work independently on defined portions of a project, with limited supervision
- Capability to take initiative in response to supervisor direction or situational need
- Knowledge in the preparation of design and construction documentation
- Strong conceptual design fluency
- Strong personal organizational and time management skills
- Committed to high performance and sustainability design strategies
- Proficiency in Revit, digital modeling software, Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Excellent communication skills - spoken, graphic, and written
- Pursuit or achievement of professional accreditation and licensure
- Pursuit or achievement of LEED professional accreditation or similar credentials
SOM offers opportunities to work on transformational projects, competitive salaries, health insurance, wellness, retirement and financial and other work/life plans.
At SOM, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We believe an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our firm, and our community, while also enriching and challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Visit this page to learn more about SOM's employment policy and how to apply offline: www.som.com/employment_opportunities_and_policy
For more about SOM: www.som.com
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions (Architecture, Interiors, Planning, etc). Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios as part of your application in the section where the application asks you for your Resume or CV.