Software Design Engineer II at Jabil Circuit
Posted in Architecture 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Anaheim, California
Jabil Circuit, Inc is a fast-paced, technology diverse company that will provide you opportunities for professional growth. Jabil relies on the talent of employees to keep growing. We continue to be recognized as one of the world’s largest independent electronic designers and manufacturers of circuit board assemblies and systems for leading companies worldwide. Jabil Circuit, Inc. is a US based global manufacturing services company. Headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida, it is one of the largest companies in the Tampa Bay area and the third largest contract manufacturer in the world. Jabil has 90 facilities in 23 countries and 175,000+ employees worldwide. Visit us at www.jabil.com for more information.
Jabil is looking for a Design Software Engineer to join our team. As part of a solutions engineering team, you will be responsible for building turn-key complete solutions for end-customers. You will be working with many of our software partners to create optimized solution implementations based on customer requirements.
- Scope, design, code, debug, and document software projects from start to finish.
- Work effectively with a team or alone.
- Occasionally work under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Stay abreast of the latest techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
- Develop and Deploy complex control systems of robotics in sophisticated applications.
- Be proficient in designing software control and interface systems for complex automation equipment.
- Possess extensive experience with vision systems and integrating vision application in robotic systems.
- Demonstrate strong troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills.
- Exhibit excellent communication skills with interdisciplinary groups: Mechanical, Control and Software Engineering, Project Management, Assembly Personnel, Vendors and Customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Expert in VB and Microsoft .NET on Win 7 Embedded on TwinCAT.
- Experienced with motion control (Cartesian, SCARA, Six axis Robots and controls).
- Experienced with industrial machine vision (i.e. Cognex, Keyence, OpenCV).
- Experienced reading control schematics.
- Troubleshoots software/hardware/IO.
- Familiarity with various sensors and actuators.
- Software development experience with MS Visual Studio 2005.
- Solid understanding of object oriented design and programming principles.
- Extensive experience designing and developing enterprise grade software.
- Experienced with automation and system integration.
- Experienced with multi-threading and concurrency.
- Experienced with debugging, performance profiling and optimization.
- Ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Willing to travel up to 25%.
- Works with Manager / Project Manager to provide information that will aid in the initial quoting process.
- Leads the preparation, monitoring and evaluation of equipment set-ups, manufacturing layout, and process changes.
- Develops and owns project plan, and establishes a road map with clear dates and deliverables.
- Provides ongoing direction and training on process development, root cause analysis and systematic problem solving.
- Provides regular project updates to project team, relevant departments, stakeholders, project champions and senior leadership.
- Implements best practices for equipment/manufacturing design for maximum efficiency and robustness.
- Conducts formal design reviews with customers to ensure design(s) meet customer design requirements.
- Recognizes project's Key Success Indicators and manage the work within scope, quality, time and cost constraints.
- Ensures all engineering times are logged into tracking system correspondent to the projects.
- Assists and drives troubleshooting efforts for automated equipment in production lines.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Expertise in C# and Microsoft .NET platform.
- Driver development for various complex devices using Serial, TCP/IP, Digital, proprietary.
- Source control management (SVN)
- Agile / XP development style.
- SEMI experience, SECS/GEM knowledge.
- Visual Studio 2012.
- Beckhoff TwinCat3 STX programming.
- Cognex Insight and VisionPro.
- MS Access Database/SQL programming.
- TCP/IP programming skills.
- Data Acquisition.
- Motion Control programming experience.
- Programming complex Electro-Mechanical tools/devices.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar degree
- Minimum of 4-6 years of related experience in Software Development
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.