Network Systems Administrator at Pennoni
Posted in Consultant 20 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaJob Description:
Pennoni Associates, established in 1966, is a multidiscipline engineering and design consulting firm that provides personalized services and solutions to meet the needs of our diverse clients. Pennoni provides services to local, state, and federal government clients, private, commercial, industrial, and construction clients as well as to other professional firms.
Looking for a career with purpose? One that challenges your mind, grows your skills and contributes to creating and preserving sustainable communities? Do you pride yourself on solving problems that others think are impossible? If you answered yes to these questions, then we would like you to join Pennoni’s Technology Department as a Network Systems Administrator!
Pennoni runs modern systems with a focus on a complete transition to cloud based platforms by the end of 2018. With the conversion well underway, this position would sit comfortably with an experienced team and add depth and N+1 redundancy as Pennoni positions for additional growth in 2018 and beyond.
As a network systems administrator, first and foremost you will be part of a team of three highly skilled individuals responsible for all core systems and platforms. With an ability to take on special projects and handle escalations, this team is the Pennoni “Special Ops” of technology and needs people who know how to make it happen every day.
The best qualified candidate will have a wide range of skills and experience consistent, but not limited to:
- Works to monitor day-to-day overall network health, maintenance, and operations of all network-related infrastructure
- Deployment, maintenance, and upgrades to all office file servers and domain controllers across 33 offices.
- Deployment, maintenance, and upgrades to all network related items including but not limited to switches, VPN appliances, hubs.
- Helps oversee the life cycle of the ordering, retiring, and implementing of new data circuits
- Adheres to all change management policies.
- Maintains and upgrades existing VOIP telephony system and assists migrating voices services to a cloud solution.
- Oversees and configures snapshot backup policies and handles all day to day file restorations.
- Works closely with the Network Team and CIO to evaluate and implement new technologies.
- Takes ownership of deployment and maintenance of all physical and virtual Nasuni filers.
- Assists and takes lead on new printer queue creation and printer queue removal and retirement.
- Assists onboarding and ingestion of new acquisitions infrastructure related assets.
- Oversees on premise virtual infrastructure including all Cisco UCS servers and 90+ virtual machines.
- Deploys new virtual machines based on requirements and support Microsoft Hyper V.
- Manages external firewall and all NAT rules.
- Develop and maintain AD GPO
- Understands Active Directory and DFS.
- Level 3 support to help desk staff when needed.
- Develop and maintain security policies.
- Remote access platform support including Direct Access, VPN, and RDGW.
- After hours availability
- Flexibility and availability for travel to remote offices.
- Ability to lift server equipment (40lbs+)
The candidate will work in a team environment utilizing modern project management tools and platforms, change management, and Agile methodologies and processes. We require all our Technology Services teammates to share our strong customer service focus, strong commitment to process, and willingness to do what it takes to make our company successful. Applicants selected will be subject to a background check and security investigation.
- Why Work With Us?
Pennoni Associates Inc., an ENR Top 500 consulting engineering firm, has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. According to the results of the surveys, Pennoni has built a great workplace where its employees trust the people they work for, enjoy the people they work with, and take pride in what they do. Our excellent work relationships are strengthened because of our unique ability to anticipate and exceed expectations of our clients by using multi-disciplined engineering, ensuring the continued success of their projects and our firm.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or technical/engineering field of study
- 4-7 years of experience
- 0-3 years of management experience
- Platform Knowledge: Azure, AWS, Windows Server and Desktop, Data Virtualization, Cloud Storage Technology, SDWAN, Cloud Tenant Build-out and Migration, SCCM
- MS Certification preferred
- A results oriented team player, creative thinker and problem-solver
- Able to follow all ethical standards of Pennoni
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment but can work independently
- Initiative, troubleshooting skills, and a willingness to learn
- Willing to travel