Posted in Writing/Editing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Arlington, Virginia
The American Diabetes Association seeks a creative wordsmith who is interested in merging writing expertise with our mission to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of people affected by diabetes. Our ideal copywriter has experience crafting effective, engaging messaging for marketing and fundraising efforts across a variety of channels and a proven ability to serve as primary proofreader for the department. The person is imaginative, resourceful and creative in the use of the written word to inform, engage and inspire action, the candidate must also be a proficient with grammar and editorial styles. They flourish in a fast-paced and highly collaborative work environment.
As part of the Association’s central Marketing & Communications department, support multiple stakeholders in the development of appealing, relevant, accurate and consistent messaging delivered through various media and platforms. Projects include promotional materials such as brochures, advertisements, website advertising, awareness campaigns, e-newsletters, consumer and corporate fundraising collateral materials, special events fundraising materials and sales materials. Update Assocaition-wide editorial guidelines to align with its mission and brand and serve as primary proofreader for the department. Must work well with designers, strategists and stakeholders to conceptualize, develop and modify copywriting during the creative process and execution.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising, Communications, English, Marketing, Journalism or a related subject required.
· 5 -7 years professional copywriting experience, with demonstrated proficiency across the spectrum of media (print, web, email, social). Experience as a copywriter in an advertising and/or digital agency strongly preferred. Experience in health awareness messaging and/or fundraising messaging strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to serve as primary proofreader for a team and/or department. A proofreading test is to be completed.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills. Highly collaborative work style, comfortable working in large groups to brainstorm ideas and develop cohesive content and materials.
· Evidence of ability to stay current with demographics and psychographics of targeted audience segments and marketplace trends and reflect such knowledge in message and content development and deliverables.
· Strong organizational, problem-solving and time management skills required
· Ability to produce independently, as well as flourish in a collaborative work environment
· Capability of managing multiple priorities in a high-volume setting required
· This position reports to the Senior Director of Account and Brand Strategy and resides in our home office in Arlington, Va.
· Please submit 3 to 5 copywriting samples with your application.
This position involves sedentary work in the office with limited travel including overnight and occasional weekend stays; moving moderately weighted objects from one position to another; and, working primarily with fingers and the whole hand or arm, as in handling, typing, etc.; ability to receive, process, and understand guidelines through spoken language. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
American Diabetes Association recruits, hires, trains and promotes the most qualified persons without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, physical or mental disabilities, political affiliation, or status as a protected veteran.