Manager, Sustainability Marketing & Research at Legrand North America
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: West Hartford, Connecticut
Manager, Sustainability Marketing & Research
Location US-CT-West Hartford
# Positions 1 Category Sustainability
Position Description/Company Info
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Sustainability Marketing & Research Manager to join our team in our West Hartford, CT location. This role will support the ability of Legrand to meet customer expectations for sustainability and CSR in the built environment by conducting and interpreting research and analysis, managing internal and external sustainability/CSR related marketing activities, and providing expert communications support to drive internal sustainability programs and achieve external marketing objectives. Provide support to the VP of Sustainability and Public Policy through monitoring, analysis and reporting of relevant public policy activities, including but not limited to activities within federal and state governments, NGO, association and professional organizations.
Every day, Legrand brings power, light and data to millions of spaces around the world. Legrand is a global, publicly-traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with 36,000 employees worldwide, a market cap of $16B, revenue of more than $5 billion, with products sold in 180 countries. Legrand is listed on the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the world's best employers.
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000 associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories (Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA offers distinctive benefits like high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active women's network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growth company with tremendous opportunity.
Visit us at:
Equal Opportunity Employer
- BS or BA in business (marketing emphasis), environmental management/sciences, building sciences, sustainability, communications, or public policy.
- MBA or MA in relevant degree preferred.
- Minimum five to ten years of professional experience, in a relevant capacity such as Sustainability, Marketing/Marketing Communications, Government Affairs, in a corporate, association or NGO environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and deep interest in the concepts and practices associated with sustainability and how these concepts apply in the built environment. Examples include energy efficiency and environmental management, climate change and resilience, occupant well-being, product transparency and environmental/social profile.
- Specifically interested in applying sustainability principles and marketing skills in a business environment. Well-informed informed and curious about broader market and public policy issues impacting corporate sustainability and related market development activities.
- Excellent research and analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative; ability to distill key findings into succinct and impactful statements; ability to connect dots and see patterns
- Demonstrated marketing and communication skills and experience, knowledge of related digital tools and social media platforms. Aptitude and enthusiasm to educate, train and persuade internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organizational, project management and time management skills, close attention to detail and quality, and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities concurrently. Able to evaluate situations, identify options and implement effective solutions quickly and efficiently.
- Superior written, visual and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills and facility to influence and advance initiatives in a matrix environment. Able represent Legrand externally with poise, professionalism and sound judgement.
- Highly collaborative and able to work in a supportive, team based environment.
- Able to maintain a close working relationship when the VP is operating remotely.
- Experience in supervising others, knowledge of the built environment and LEED AP preferred.
Modest travel required.
Main Job Duties:
- Conduct ongoing research to map and assess the trends for sustainability and high performance in the built environment, helping determine market requirements for existing and future products and services, and the delivery of both.
- Monitor and analyze developments related to building performance standards and expectations, including but not limited to rating systems, stretch codes, professional standards, federal, state or local requirements, and customer driven requirements.
- Track, analyze and communicate competitor activity in response to market trends.
- At the direction of the VP, Sustainability and Public Policy, develop presentations, white papers, reports or other communications to present research findings and implications.
- Actively monitor and report on relevant public policy developments and government programs, including but not limited to federal and state legislation, city related initiatives, and relevant activities in such organizations as the National Institute for Building Sciences, AIA, USGBC, Living Future Institute, Rocky Mountain Institute, BOMA, WELL Building Institute, NEMA, national laboratories, among others. As directed by the VP, work with the VP to promote positive relationships and/or identify partnerships with these and other relevant organizations.
- Liaise with key stakeholders in business units to assess opportunities and impacts arising from external policy and market changes.
- Coordinate internal stakeholders to coordinate information-sharing and positions in Legrand's primary industry associations, such as NEMA.
- Manage projects related to the marketing of Legrand's sustainable and high performance solutions, including but not limited to trade conferences and exhibit sponsored by such organizations as USGBC (Greenbuild), and provide support to business units that are seeking to incorporate sustainability related marketing into industry trade shows. Ensure budgets are executed on budget, with high productivity and measurable results.
- As directed by the VP, provide staff support to the leader(s) of cross-company sustainability teams, including the Govt & Industry Affairs team and the LEED Impact Working Group.
- Drive relevant marketing activities in coordination with Legrand Central Marketing and Divisional Marketing Communications teams, creating marketing plans and marketing collateral and sales training materials. Organize and lead the training of sales teams to ensure they can effectively deliver key messages on Legrand's value proposition on sustainability and high performance buildings.
- Provide training to product managers, engineering and purchasing staff, and appropriate sales associates on customer and market requirements for high performance sustainable buildings, including but not limited to the LEED rating system.
- Lead the continuous maintenance of Legrand's standards for sustainability related marketing claims, consistent with the FTC Green Guides. Provide oversight to ensure companywide adherence to those standards, providing ongoing training, communication and periodic audits of print and web based marketing collateral.
- Serve as the principal liaison with Central Marketing on public relations activity, providing necessary research, content, key message development to support corporate level messaging on sustainability and Legrand's leadership on high performance buildings. Provide support to the VP, Sustainability and Public Policy in preparation for external engagements such as interviews and public speaking. In consultation with the VP serve as alternate spokesperson on these issues.
- Create or assist in the development of appropriate communications materials (e.g., speeches, brochures, reports, news releases, web sites and other on-line information, video and photography) for all audiences.
- Working with Vice President, assist with departmental planning, design and drafting of strategy and supporting initiatives to achieve corporate sustainability and government affairs objectives, and create or provide assistance with management communications to employees and executive leadership to drive achievement of objectives.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed