Manager, Application and Database Infrastructure at Constellation Brands
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Canandaigua, New York
The Manager, Application and Database Infrastructure will lead the teams responsible for the installation, operation and support of Constellation Brands Oracle database and application infrastructure. This position will be responsible for driving operational best practices, assuring the achievement of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and ensuring stable and efficient service for our stakeholders. The Manager, Application and Database Infrastructure will work with the business stakeholders, appropriate technology teams, vendors and CBI leadership to ensure that our Application and Database services meet company needs and strategic plans. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly Oracle Database, Oracle and other Middleware and Oracle and other application suites. The Manager, Application and Database Infrastructure will be responsible for assisting with contract negotiations and management of certain third-party vendors, particularly Oracle consulting engagements.
- Lead a team with critical responsibilities for managing the Oracle database, middleware and application infrastructure portfolio of technologies at Constellation Brands
- Oversee and manage the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and other audit and reporting requirements of the discipline. Ensure that all identified issues are rapidly remediated. Actively collaborate with internal and external audit teams on security and authentication issues
- Develop and implement the overall strategic direction for the Application and Database Infrastructure team
- Ensure integrity and stability of the services across the enterprise, defining, measuring and driving the achievement of all Service Level Agreements
- Drive ITSM (IT Service Management) operational processes and initiatives to improve the stability and efficiency of all systems and services
- Architects, designs, and operates all aspects of discipline; troubleshoot and diagnose system problems; manage the identification, location and resolution of problems; approves installations of upgrades and security protocols
- Analyzes team functions and evaluates the services provided; develops plan of action and recommendations; identifies milestones and issues to be addressed, and generates reports as required.
- Evaluates, recommends, justifies and ensures the proper toolsets and procedures are implemented, maintained and utilized
- Supervises and provides technical leadership and guidance to technical staff and vendors; ensures compliance with policies and regulations, and that all issues are addressed and resolved.
- Plans, develops, and designs new projects and maintenance activities, including policies and procedures, operational improvements, and evaluates new technology integration.
- Directs and supervises staff and vendors in the completion of projects and operational support activities.
- Provide leadership across converged technology platforms. Ensure effective collaboration is taking place in order to provide high quality customer service.
- Ensure documentation of the environment and operational process are maintained and relevant
- Monitor and remain abreast of emerging technologies for possible introduction into the organization
- Ensure development and training of the teams on operational practices and service management
- Manage vendor relationships in all related technologies so that services are delivered to us effectively and efficiently.
- Cost effectively manages departmental resources to budget and project timelines.
Core Leadership Competencies
- Achievement of Results
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Planning and strategic vision
- Positive Can-Do Attitude
- Building Productive Working Relationships
- Team Building
- Ability to influence people and events without having direct control
- Decision Making
- Gaining Commitment
- Outstanding Leadership
- Change Agent
- High Degree of Initiative
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Information Technology
- Proven leadership ability
- Broad and deep Oracle database and/or application suite experience required
- 7+ years of IT experience with a record of progressive career growth
- Deep technical experience and strong command of enterprise IT industry trends and ability to apply those for desired outcomes
- Proven ability to translate business requirements into solutions that map to technology capabilities and integration with existing infrastructure
- Proven track record of implementing significant IT infrastructure projects on schedule and budget
- Experience with several of the following technologies preferred:
- Enterprise ERP applications such as JD Edwards and SAP
- Oracle Database (all recent versions through 12c)
- Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC)
- Oracle Middleware, especially WebLogic and OIM/OAM
- Oracle Applications such as Demantra, Hyperion and others
- Reporting and audit tools such as Oracle Audit Vault
- Oracle Enterprise Manager
- In depth understanding of ITIL/ITSM principles in managing operational service delivery
- Demonstrate ability and experience in leading teams on and off shore.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) skills, and advanced problem-solving orientation and decision making skills. Proven ability to develop, present and justify positions to all levels within the company.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LocationCanandaigua, New York
Additional LocationsVictor, New York
Job TypeFull time
Job AreaInformation Technology
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).