Site Procurement Manager at GlaxoSmithKline
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 20 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: marietta, Pennsylvania
Position Title: Site Procurement Manager
Working Location: Pennsylvania
Employment Status: Full time
Required Experience: 7 years
Required Education: Bachelors
Travel Required: 0%
This position is responsible for the management of procurement activities for the site and for implementing strategic procurement processes, policies and guidelines and to ensure compliance with global requirements.
• As a member of MLT be responsible to lead the Marietta Site to deliver IPT objectives
• Manage activities to ensure that requisitioned services are sourced with suppliers that meet GSK Bio performance standards at a competitive price.
• Develop and implement robust site or Global procurement strategies for purchases, and ensure site requirements are incorporated in procurement category strategies.
• Evaluate the current supply base for major categories and develop new or existing suppliers to support future requirements.
• Drive implementation of source plans and deliver planned benefits.
• Develop supplier measurement tools and conducts site based supplier review.
• Ensure compliance to global policies & process and the correct use of procurement process, systems & policies.
• Collaborate with GSK Corporate Procurement, Bio Procurement and NA procurement whenever appropriate.
• Supervise the day to day activities of the procurement staff. Drive the building of a well-qualified team. Provide hiring, evaluating, coaching, disciplining, mentoring, training and skill development opportunities to staff. Promotes team work and open communications.
• Personal responsibility for supporting the value stream way of working at GSK Marietta. Ensure that communication flows cross-functionally and that a purely functional focus (silo) is not allowed to develop. Deal positively with change, demonstrating the ability to maintain high personal performance levels as the organization evolves. Is also a positive influence on others' ability to adapt to change.
• Perform all job responsibilities in compliance with the GSK safety procedures and all applicable EHS regulations, standard operating procedures, and industry practices.
• BS in business, finance or related field; other fields considered, if significant experience has been gained through practical work application.
• 7 years’ experience in procurement, supply chain function, or manufacturing
• Specific experience with sourcing, quotation analysis, contract negotiation and formation, supplier performance review, supplier development
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.