Mortgage Servicing Business Analyst Rotational Program at Freedom Mortgage
Posted in Other 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Fishers, IndianaJob Description:
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Job ID: 2047
Location: Fishers, IN
Functional Area: Servicing
Department:FF Processing (Servicing)
Employment Type:Full Time
Relocation Provided: No
The First Flyer Servicing Program is structured similar to a college course in which classroom training and program requirements are incorporated to encourage network building, collaboration, and professional growth. First Flyer participants will also gain an extensive amount of industry knowledge by first participating in the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing (SAFE) training in preparation for the SAFE exam. Upon passing and completion of the SAFE exam - during the program, participants earn badges- similar to college credits- required for graduation that will be earned by completing projects, attending soft skills training sessions as well as attending Town Halls and other company networking events. It is designed to give college graduates a well-rounded experience and a thorough introduction to multiple facets of the servicing world with the end goal of developing strong mortgage servicing leaders.
First Flyers will have the opportunity to find a permanent position after successfully completing the program in a designated department they participated in.
Essential Job Functions:
Rotations to be completed within one to two of the following areas:
Correspondence and Research
- Process all aspects of borrower incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Assist in the generation of all outgoing borrower statements, letter and notifications
- Handles research processes for Customer Care Department
- Responsible for credit bureau reporting and disputes
- Must be in compliance of established timelines and quality decisions for each file assigned
- Communicate effectively with customers
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with directives, both verbal and electronic
- Review daily reports to ensure investor and Freedom Mortgage guidelines are met timely with respect to breach letters, foreclosure hold statuses
- Create and send referral packages to Foreclosure counsel
- Follow up on all Foreclosure-required actions each month to ensure specific requirements are met to prevent fines & reduce errors
- Review and identify various reports while ensuring department SLA's are met
- Identify and execute short and long-term strategy adjustments or enhancements to drive contact center performance
- Serve as subject matter expert in telephony technology, specifically outbound dialer functionality and optimization
- Ability to create, deliver, and analyze reports using Business Objects
- Ability to extract, summarize, and utilize data from varied sources while providing data-driven recommendations to business units and stakeholders
- Interact with outsourcing vendors for information and account updates relative to real estate tax processing, insurance tracking and hazard loss claims.
- Set-up payee headers; reconcile disbursements and escrow refunds.
- Handle/process checks and wires, stop payments, return checks, and refunds.
- Perform quality control testing of escrow analysis and PMI billing report.
- Perform various functions on mortgage servicing system, including but not limited to: review/clear assigned tasks within required timeframes; documents required notations; monitor vendor tasks and responses.
- Perform analysis of system cutoff activity based on the remittance's methodology
- Perform pool-to-security reconciliations
- Quantify overages and shortages and take appropriate steps to clear variances
- Prepare reports and remit funds associated with the monthly loan activity to the investors
- Monitor P&I custodial accounts to ensure no overdrafts occur and advances funds if needed
- Balance scheduled/scheduled, actual/actual, or scheduled/actual loan level and pool level portfolios
- Review and validate ARM data on servicing platform for accuracy
- Reviews and processes requests for SCRA initial and continued eligibility
- Completes daily, weekly, and monthly ARM indexes, as well as update, validate, and verify the servicing platform
- Review initial request for partial release by acting as a liaison between the customer and internal counsel
- Answer inbound and make outbound calls from the Customer Care department and respond to customer requests within established timelines
- Responsible for assuring all regulatory requirements are met by explaining policies and procedures courteously and patiently.
- Maintains confidentiality of customer's nonpublic information.
Single Point of Contact (SPOC)
- Acts as single point of contact to assigned borrowers currently 45 days delinquent or greater
- Answer inbound calls and make outbound calls on assigned mortgage accounts that are 45 days or more delinquent.
- Work with borrower on repayment plans to get them back to a current status.
- Assist the borrower with loss mitigation options, how to apply, and status updates.
- Remain as the single point of contact until the borrower is current or approved for loss mitigation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A or B.S) from four-year College or University
- All majors are welcome to apply but majors similar to HR, Organizational Development, Psychology, Sociology, Finance, and Business related majors are preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
- Successfully pass the SAFE exam
- Must be willing to travel
- Must possess a strong work ethic
- Ideal candidate is proactive
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills
- Possesses strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
Freedom Mortgage is a privately held, full-service residential mortgage lender licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. We are one of the largest and fastest-growing privately held mortgage companies in the country, as well as the #7 lender in the nation. Freedom Mortgage currently services more than $100 billion, and we are a top VA and FHA lender. And we are continuing to grow! Freedom Mortgage is again on the Inc. 5000 list of the nation's fastest growing private firms. This year we ranked #1842; our revenue ranks as the largest in the state of NJ and largest nationwide in the category of Financial Services in 2017.
Freedom Mortgage has over 5300 employees and offices nationwide. Locations include suburban Philadelphia (multiple sites in Southern New Jersey and Fort Washington, PA) and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers in Melville, NY; Orlando, FL; San Diego, CA; San Dimas, CA; and Tempe, AZ.
Freedom Mortgage team members enjoy our total rewards program, including excellent benefits, perks, business casual dress, rewards programs, training, development and career opportunities. Community spirit is one of our shared values and Team Freedom Cares is our philanthropic arm helping us get involved in the communities in which we operate. Learn more about us and apply!