Director, Product Management at Materion Corporation
Posted in Other 21 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Windsor, ConnecticutJob Description:
Materion is VEVRAA covered Federal Contractor and requests priority referrals of protected veterans
Job Locations US-CT-Windsor
Job ID 2018-2205
# of Openings 1
Business Unit Large Area Coating
Relocation Provided Yes
Category Sales & Marketing
Simply stated, Materion makes advanced materials that improve the world. We are a global leader in creating innovative, high performance engineered material solutions and services for a wide range of growth industries: high-tech consumer electronics, telecommunications, commercial aerospace, defense, medical, automotive, and many more.
Our products, services and expertise help enable our customers' technologies. We supply sophisticated thin film coatings for hard disk drives, specialty inorganic chemicals for solar energy panels, bio-compatible materials for implantable medical devices, specialty alloys for miniature consumer electronics components, optical filters for thermal imaging, critical components for infrared sensing technology, special materials for LEDs and much more. As the world's only integrated "mine-to-mill" supplier of beryllium-based products, we also offer beryllium, specialty engineered beryllium alloys and beryllium composites.
In 2016, we generated approx. $1B in revenue. As a team of 2,500 associates, we partner with customers in more than 50 countries. In early 2017, Materion closed on an exciting new acquisition that expands our footprint in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
For more information, please visit our website at http://materion.com/About and check out our video "Materion Is" along with other videos of our employees sharing what it means for them to work at Materion.
Click on any of the icons below to connect with Materion on social media.
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
Under the direction of the Vice President of Marketing & Business Development, the Director, Product Management will take strategic ownership of the assigned product portfolio or market space, direct the marketing of the organizations products and/or services, and will be the commercial focal point for developing new business opportunities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Identify and deliver revenue growth within the assigned product/market space.
- Determine market and product needs through relevant market research and key customer interactions. Identify and recommend new market entries and new products & services. Develop, maintain and implement a strategic product and services roadmap.
- Coordinate with the Operations, Sales and Technology groups to identify key to growth technology development programs. Develop, maintain and implement a technology & investment roadmap.
- Working with the sales team, identify and manage strategic new business opportunities.
- Provide support to the sales team in terms of key customer visits, market intelligence and product knowledge. Be responsible for the development and distribution of product line collateral, data sheets and company presentations.
- Develop and execute marketing plans to include target markets, strategic accounts and sales goals for the assigned product/ market space to ensure the profitable growth and expansion of the company's products, and/or services.
- Lead the Strategic Planning process (LRP) for assigned product/market space. Prepare short term and long term product sales forecasts.
- Drive product line gross margin goals by providing pricing guidance to the sales team as well as recommending gross margin improvement opportunities internally and externally.
- Assess and understand the competitive environment through relevant research and key customer interaction.
- Develop key customer relationships
- Drive key growth initiatives internally and externally. Act as the internal champion by bridging internal functional groups.
- Review business results, ensure customer satisfaction, develop strategies for growth and formulate tactics to expand business opportunities.
- Ensure sales plan is consistent with overall marketing plans for growth.
- Provide a written report to the Sr. Director of Marketing and Business Development on a monthly basis.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires education generally equivalent to a Master's degree in business administration and/or 10 years hands on experience in the field of sales, marketing or product management.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical and
business information related to the
requirements of this job.