Asphalt Milling Operator- Memphis, TN at APAC Tennessee Inc
Posted in Construction 18 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Memphis, Tennessee
Job ID: 131645
APAC Tennessee, Inc., an Oldcastle Materials Company, is an industry leader in high quality asphalt and concrete pavement construction, materials, and services. Located near downtown Memphis, APAC Tennessee services Eastern Arkansas, West Tennessee, and Northwest Mississippi with mobile concrete operations servicing the Southeastern United States. At APAC our employees are our most valuable resource and why we conduct business while placing Safety First…Always.
Paving and Construction Laborer
Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then Oldcastle Materials is the company for you! Apply for the Paving and Construction Laborer today and jump start your career with the Oldcastle Materials family.
Job Description Summary
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Report any problems to your manager.
- Assist construction / paving crew with various duties such as; shoveling and raking and running wheelbarrow.
- Signal operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment and movement of materials.
- Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or job site.
- May be called upon to run small power tools such as jack hammer.
- Dig, spread and level construction materials.
- Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies.
- Assist in the placement, moving and dismantling of signs, barricades, cones and other traffic control devices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
- Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Be able to work overtime when required.
- Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
- Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
- Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Previous related experience in construction field is preferred.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
APAC Tennessee, Inc is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
APAC Tennessee, Inc is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.