Injection Mold Designer at Flex
Posted in Design 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Manchester, Connecticut
Flex is a leading sketch-to-scale™ solutions company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world. With more than 200,000 professionals across 30 countries and a promise to help make the world Live Smarter™, the company provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies of all sizes in various industries and end-markets. For more information please visit our careers page at www.flex.com.
Industry: Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing
Type: Public Company
Headquarters: 2 Changi South Lane, Singapore, 486123
Company Size: 10,001+ employees
Job DescriptionWe are seeking a skilled Senior Injection Mold Designer to join our team in Manchester, CT. We are looking for a forward thinker, someone with excellent problem solving capabilities, and who designs with change in mind.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- To use Ug NX 11 / Solidworks software at an effective productive level
- Mold and tooling design for the Medical, Packaging and Consumer goods industries
- Create mold designs from concept to fully toleranced and detailed mold design
- Minimize planned conversion costs (MOP)
- Work with tooling engineers to ensure manufacturability of injection molds and quickly resolving design conflicts
- Identify all molded part areas that are under-cut and develop their respective tooling actions as required
- Develop tooling run-off / parting lines
- Analyzes product designs for manufacturing feasibility and makes improvement recommendations.
- Utilize DFM for all mold designs.
- Fully understand part design, with emphasis on gating effects and plastic flow, as related to mold design and manufacturability
- Minimize rework hours (MOPs returned to processing from Operations for correction)
- Deliver “block requirements” and 2D/3D representations of the mold to the Processing Department, “on-time”.
- Reduce design development cycle time.
- Collaborates in a team environment with Tooling Engineers, Process Engineers, Production personnel, Toolmakers, CNC programmers and various vendors to optimize tool design per suggestions of above team members.
- Follows established standards and procedures including modeling techniques, file storage procedures and training in accordance with company procedures.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required):
- B.S. Degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience or more mold design experience
- Full understanding of the plastic injection mold making industry is essential, including hot runner experience, knowledge of multi-cavity tools, 3 plates, and cam action and two-shot molds.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Experience designing high cavitation and tight tolerance tooling
- Experience with hot runner suppliers
- Extremely mechanical inclined
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Job CategoryDesign & TechnologyFlex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier.