2nd Shift Facilities Team Lead at Triumph Group
Posted in Other 21 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: West Hartford, ConnecticutJob Description:
Requisition Number 14694
Location US-CT-West Hartford
# of Positions Remaining 1
Position Type Full time
Experience (Years) 5
Posted Date 02/28/2018
Category Facilities - All
Security Clearance Required? No
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems, and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So, whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph Group is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph Integrated Systems provides a full range of integrated solutions for aircraft manufactures around the globe. We partner with key manufacturers to produce crucial components, systems and subsystems required to help maintain a competitive and technological advantage. We provide design, development and support of internally designed components, subsystems and systems, as well as production of complex assemblies using external designs.
Based in West Hartford, CT, Triumph Electrons and Controls employs approximately 500 personnel. The Company's key products and services include specializing in the design, development, certification, manufacture and repair of fuel pumps, fuel metering units, fuel controls and electronic engine control systems for helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft servicing military, commercial, regional and business jet market segments.
We are looking for an experienced Facilities Team Lead who will be responsible for the assignment and coordination responsible for the assignment and coordination and/or execution of activities within the Maintenance group to ensure a productive workforce that supports the facility operations. Requires a strong mechanical aptitude, strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate, mentor and train others. The position provides daily direction and assigns tasks to the Maintenance personnel to ensure the plant and equipment is maintained in a safe, reliable, and efficient manner. Supports company's lean process and works to improve processes and flow.
Solid experience within the facilities/maintenance discipline (aerospace experience preferred but not mandatory) in coordinating equipment/process maintenance activities, PM programs, contractor oversight, site security and emergency systems, contract bargaining agreement personnel management, lean manufacturing and strong communication skills.
- Hire, interview, train, schedule, plan, assign and direct work of employees in the Facilities department. Address employee issues, takes appropriate action, rewarding and disciplining employees in accordance with Company policy.
- Responsible for assigning work order numbers, review, approve and prioritize project requests, for production/engineering equipment and office layout projects to closure. Troubleshoot, and resolve problems, establish time completion estimates to meet customer needs and demands.
- Coordinate and schedule building and grounds maintenance staff
- Coordinate and schedule internal cleaning staff
- Oversee the procurement of and control of Contractor Safety while on site
- Operation of Site Security systems and hardware
- Plan/maintain Utilities and Communications equipment infrastructure
- Provide/support/coordinate emergency response service at the site level
- Establish and/or adjust procedures to meet budget, schedule and equipment up-time expectations.
- Interpret specifications, process instructions, blue prints, and work orders to assist dept. employees with their assigned duties.
- Direct staff in adjusting machines and equipment to meet production specifications.
- Lead department initiatives to implement Continuous Improvements/Lean initiatives
- Develop and Implement effective training programs to improve dept. employee skill sets.
- Developing Root Cause and Corrective Action improvements to our processes.
- Drive a work environment of Increasing Safety Awareness, and supervise departmental Health & Safety Risk Assessments. Keep staff safe and support a strong safety culture
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Manufacturing, Facilities, Maintenance, or construction enviroment, with responsibilities pertaining to facilities or maintenance.
- Previous supervisor experience in a manufacturing facility is a requirement; union experience is a plus.
- Strong business acumen coupled with mental aptitude and motivation to learn and grow.
- Demonstrate initiative and advanced interpersonal skills in team problem solving situations, relationship building and aligning with business goals.
- MS Office equivalent, Project Management tools experience is a plus.
- Certification and/or license in one or more applicable disciplines is desirable
- Contract Business Agreement negotiation skills and work practices.
- Knowledge of equipment repair/facility infrastructure processes.
- Bachelor's degree in operations, engineering, business, or a technical field a pus
Triumph Group and all its divisions and subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. Triumph Group provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact TGIapplicant@triumphgroup.com to request assistance. Include the title of the position and location in the subject line of your email so we may direct your email to the appropriate person. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
"An Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans" We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations ("ITAR") and the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR"), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status in order to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.