Electronics Design Engineer at Triumph Group
Posted in Other 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: West Hartford, ConnecticutJob Description:
Requisition Number 14651
Location US-CT-West Hartford
# of Positions Remaining 2
Position Type Full time
Experience (Years) 1
Posted Date 03/01/2018
Category Engineering - All
Security Clearance Required? No
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems, and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So, whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph Group is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph Integrated Systems provides a full range of integrated solutions for aircraft manufactures around the globe. We partner with key manufacturers to produce crucial components, systems and subsystems required to help maintain a competitive and technological advantage. We provide design, development and support of internally designed components, subsystems and systems, as well as production of complex assemblies using external designs.
Based in West Hartford, CT, Triumph Electrons and Controls employs approximately 500 personnel. The Company's key products and services include specializing in the design, development, certification, manufacture and repair of fuel pumps, fuel metering units, fuel controls and electronic engine control systems for helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft servicing military, commercial, regional and business jet market segments.
Our Electronic Design Engineers develop custom solutions for a variety of Electronic Engine Control applications used to perform actuator controls, motor controls, mechanical sensor interfacing, fuel regulation, digital communication, and input power conditioning, to name a few.
The ideal candidate for this position should have excellent technical, analytical and problem solving skills, be comfortable communicating with internal and external customers, must be self-motivated and possess good interpersonal/team skills. Experience with the use of CAD tools (e.g. PADS, Cadence), generating test procedures, writing technical reports, and working with lab equipment including meters, power supplies, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and data acquisition systems are all required skills.
The Electronics Design Engineer shall execute all technical aspects of a given program while supporting the achievement of cost and schedule objectives. Will work with various engineers across multiple disciplines, including Systems, Software, Mechanical & Packaging, Hydro-mechanical, Project and Program Management.
- Collaborate with other cross-functional team leads and engineers to plan and execute tasks
- Ensure that all cross-functional team members have appropriate product and technical requirements, direction, and knowledge to design and deliver products effectively;
- Perform requirements development, allocation and compliance assessment
- Generate block diagrams for various design concepts and circuit topologies
- Perform preliminary and detailed analyses/simulations on either Analog or Digital Interfaces
- Ensure overall compliance to TECS internal processes (e.g. NPI, Standard Work, Design Reviews)
- Meet or exceed DFx, Design-To-Cost and Design-To-Weight targets
- Support internal and external customer meetings
- Perform Design Assurance, Verification and/or Qualification Testing
- Support the transition of a program from development to production
- Bachelors' Degree in Electrical Engineering required; MSEE is a plus.
- Six (6) plus years of relevant Electronics Design experience required.
- Prior aerospace experience strongly preferred.
- Concentration - Analog, Digital, Power Supply Circuit design with knowledge of PLD interfacing
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Excellent Troubleshooting and Problem Solving Skills.
- Modelling & Simulation Tools (LTSpice, Intusoft, Math Works/Simulink, Hyperlinks)
- Analysis Tools (Mathcad, MS Excel, MS Access, MATLAB, Minitab)
- CAD Tools (Mentor Graphics suite: PADS, Hyperlynx, DxDesigner)
- Documentation Tools (MS Word/PowerPoint, Visio, Adobe, Nuance)
- Requirements & Configuration Management (Teamcenter, Omnify, DOORs)
- Programming (Labview, Visual Basic, eTPU micro-code)
- Schedule Tracking (MS Project)
- Internet (SharePoint, Intranet)
Triumph Group and all its divisions and subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. Triumph Group provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact TGIapplicant@triumphgroup.com to request assistance. Include the title of the position and location in the subject line of your email so we may direct your email to the appropriate person. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
"An Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans" We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations ("ITAR") and the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR"), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status in order to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.