Heavy Equipment Operator Andalusia at MidSouth Paving, Inc.
Posted in Construction 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Andalusia, Alabama
Midsouth Paving, Inc., part of Oldcastle Materials Southeast Division, is a leading supplier of quality asphalt and Construction Services in the Southeastern U.S., with operations in Alabama, southern Tennessee, Georgia and the Florida Panhandle. Working with government agencies, private contractors, counties and municipalities, we produce millions of tons of quality construction materials and pave many miles of highways every year. Our highly skilled workforce strives to deliver the highest quality products and services in a safe, timely and efficient manner, on every project. Midsouth Paving, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Participant.
This is a highly skilled position involving the operation of Heavy Equipment on Road Construction projects. Applicants must have at least three years of experience operating equipment (ex: Motorgrader, Bulldozer, Excavator, Front End Loader), Asphalt paving and Road Construction experience preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Must have prior experience operating Heavy Road Construction Equipment
· May oil, grease, service and make normal operating adjustments to equipment.
· Possess a solid understanding of all aspects of the paving industry including preparatory work, grades, drainage, paving patterns, aggregate size, job specifications, oil consistencies, compaction and other details related to asphalt paving.
· The operator is responsible for the efficient working condition of the equipment and is expected to perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems to the supervisor.
· May perform other related duties such as shovel work, setting string line, adding or removing screed extensions.
· The job duties described herein are not exhaustive and may be supplemented
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials, Southeast Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
EOE / M / F / Vet / Disability
Oldcastle Materials, Southeast Divisions is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.