Project Manager II at Olgoonik
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Anchorage, AlaskaJob Description:
Manages all aspects of one or more medium to larger sized projects for a broad range of commercial, oilfield, construction, and environmental projects. Handles complex tasks, performing work with little direct supervision, coordinating with higher level staff as required. Performs work under supervision of more senior project managers and General Manager.
- Produces detailed project estimates and proposals.
- Produces subcontractor bid packages and evaluates responses.
- Oversite of permitting efforts as required to successfully advance projects.
- Produces project management plans, production reports, schedules, etc. as required to effectively manage and report the required work effort.
- Directs Superintendent, Foreman and Craft Workers, creating, maintaining, and organizing efficient work schedules.
- Manages the purchasing and shipping of materials as required.
- Reviews subcontractor material quotes, submittals, and shop drawings for compliance with contract specifications.
- Prepares all necessary reporting and project progress documentation in the proper format as required by the contract and company management.
- Applies the best practices to all project-related processes.
- Responsible for QA/QC on assigned projects.
- Participates in the Olgoonik safety program and is the responsible party in charge for project site safety program compliance on all assigned projects.
- Assists other Olgoonik subsidiaries as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Responsible for ensuring successful completion of the project including the management of in-house clerical, support personnel, craft personnel, and subcontractors.
Education and/or Experience:
- Post Secondary education in engineering or a technical field. Experience in lieu of education will be considered.
- 5-10 years of project management experience with emphasis on medium to larger sized commercial, oilfield services, and environmental remediation projects.
- The successful candidate will have a high level of experience in remote arctic logistics and project execution.
- The successful candidate will have project permitting experience and established relationships with regulatory agencies including COE, BLM, ADEC among others.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Suite of products including Word, Excel, and MS Project software.
- Must demonstrate a good attitude and an ability to work as a member of a team.
- Must possess self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects, and have a strong attention for detail.
- Must have interpersonal skills sufficient to positively influence employees and subcontractors to actively achieve successful project outcomes.
- Knowledge and skill with Primavera scheduling software preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- PMP preferred.
- Professional Engineer preferred.
- Alaska driver's license required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee may occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
General office environment. Some travel required based on business demands.