Hotel & Restaurant Manager at Olgoonik
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Wainwright, AlaskaJob Description:
Manages hotel and restaurant staff to ensure efficiency, safety for all employees, and profitable operations.
- Establish all administrative and minimal human resource duties.
- Perform basic accounting, budgeting, credit policies, and complete all paperwork.
- Perform and maintain all data bases for hotel, ordering, and inventory.
- Take a synergistic approach to procurement and shipping within the Organization Maintain all reports and correspondences.
- Cost control for: rooms, meals, employees, supplies, and equipment.
- Have understanding of maintenance for common kitchen equipment and be able to troubleshoot equipment with the assistance of technicians.
- Allocate budget for all departments.
- Review all timesheets and limit over time hours for cost control and maintains work schedules.
- Maintain customer service for all guest and looks for ways to improve.
- Plans and coordinates with the Head Cook regarding restaurant and catering duties.
- Review purchases with Head Cook regarding food and supply orders.
- Take food orders in-person and over the phone.
- Coordinate all advertising for restaurant and hotel with Communications Department.
- Oversee and/or process reservations, billing, and advance registration for private and commercial guests.
- Inspect rooms, hotel, and restaurant, grounds for safety, cleanliness, and appearance.
- Maintain and adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Carry out supervisory duties in accordance with the organization policies and applicable laws.
- Interview, hire, and train employees.
- Perform performance reviews and employee relations.
- Contribute to building a positive team.
- Other duties upon request.
Supervises a staff within the restaurant and hotel.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate's degree in hospitality or related area.
- 1-2 years' experience in the hospitality and restaurant industry.
- 1 year of supervisory and/or management skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a remote location on a 3-week rotational schedule.
- Must be able to interpret and disseminate documents such as safety, operations, maintenance, and manuals.
- Ability to calculate percentages, discounts, commissions, proportions, interests, etc.
- Interpersonal and excellent communication skill.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to speak in front of a group.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Suite: Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and hotel programs.
- Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under a minimum of supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and have a strong attention for detail.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
A valid Alaska driver's license is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is performed primarily indoors in a restaurant/hotel, heated/freezer environment. Some exposure to weather conditions while working outside of the restaurant/hotel when performing other tasks on the facility.