Lowboy Driver at W-L Construction & Paving Inc
Posted in Drivers 22 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chilhowie, Virginia
Job ID: 131666
W-L Construction and Paving, an Oldcastle Materials company, is one of Virginia’s premier grading and paving contractors in the area. W-L performs all aspects of roadway construction including grading, paving, stone, concrete, and utilities. In addition, by being a part of the Oldcastle family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form Oldcastle. Oldcastle is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the United States. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Low Boy Driver
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, W-L Construction & Paving, Inc. has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Job Description Summary
- Crew member essential to the mobilization of equipment between highways/private roadways/parking lots/driveways/and work zones using multi-axle and tractor vehicles.
- Must partner with crews to mobilize equipment between job sites as instructed by foremen to ensure daily schedules/estimates are met.
- Attendance required according to company attendance policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level.
- Physical ability to transport equipment under temperature extremes and for extended hours of time. Normal shift is 8-12 hours.
- Attitude/Cooperation: Must always maintain a courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers, public.
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required. Out of town/county/state work may be required.
- Ability to transport equipment with attention to detail and emphasis on safety.
- Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completion.
- Ability to adhere to personal protective equipment (PPE) policy and maintain individual PPE in functional condition.
- Ability to assist with flagging operations as needed and instructed.
- Must be able to check truck for maintenance needed and report deficiencies promptly.
- Must pass drug test and criminal background check.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
- Must possess Commercial Drivers License (CDL) and necessary endorsements. When hauling certain vehicles, may be required to have hazardous materials and tank endorsements.
What Oldcastle offers you
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs
- Retirement savings plan with company match
- Health and wellness programs
- Opportunities for growth, development, and promotion
W-L Construction & Paving, Inc., a division of Oldcastle Materials, is one of the hundreds of businesses that comprise the Oldcastle family. As the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete, and paving services, Oldcastle is one of North America’s largest corporations. Oldcastle’s decentralized, diversified structure, allows employees to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise. Whether we’re safely paving miles of interstate, building two thousand-foot-long bridges or constructing roads through national parks, Oldcastle Materials’ continued investment in people, performance and communities has positioned us as an industry leader.
Oldcastle Materials is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Through the use of various tools, including our online applicant tracking system, which allows you to view and to track your application status 24 hours a day, W-L Construction & Paving, Inc. leverages itself to recruit the most dependable, qualified and experienced job seekers in the market! W-L Construction & Paving, Inc. an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
W-L Construction & Paving, Inc. an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
W-L Construction and Paving is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
W-L Construction and Paving is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.