Site Electrical & Instruments Reliability Engineer at Invista S.a.r.l
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Waynesboro, Virginia
Who are we? Watch to find out!
''Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the right roles with the right skills and values.''
- Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
INVISTA, owner of the STAINMASTER®, LYCRA®, COOLMAX® and CORDURA® brands, is a subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc., which is one of the largest private companies in America with estimated annual revenues as high as $115 billion, according to Forbes. With a presence in about 60 countries, Koch companies employ more than 120,000 people worldwide, with about 70,000 of those in the United States.
Apparel & Advanced Textiles (A&AT) has an immediate opening for an experienced Electrical & Instruments Reliability Engineer at the Waynesboro, VA site. Our site Operations and R&D teams create and produce polymers and fibers which are sold globally as LYCRA® fiber. As a member of this team you will play a key role in evolving and improving both the sites pilot plant capabilities and commercial manufacturing facilities.
A&AT is a leading global apparel technology company developing, producing, branding, and marketing innovative fibers, fabrics and other textile offerings. Our products can be found in virtually every garment category, providing comfort, fit and performance benefits. With 3,000 employees worldwide, we serve more than 800 customers in over 30 countries worldwide
The primary responsibility of this role is to assume ownership and provide leadership for electrical and reliability engineering to plant Operations and R&D functions. The engineer will focus on identification and implementation of improved methods and strategies for reliability of existing equipment in addition to design and implementation of new electrical and control systems needed to advance R&D programs and commercial performance. This role will have a focus on operating equipment drives and the instrumentation that support the plant and R & D processes.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Be a site technical leader for electrical, instrumentation, and controls systems/equipment including; motor control centers, variable speed drives, SIS Systems, PLC systems, Process Analyzers, etc.
- Design and implement changes to pilot plant electrical and instrument systems
- Ownership for electrical and instruments reliability programs and performance
- Lead daily troubleshooting activities to prompt resolution using strong critical thinking skills
- Provide formal training and guidance at all levels within the organization on electrical safety and electrical equipment operation
- Develop and implement optimization strategies across the electrical footprint
- Provide selection and specification of new electrical and instrument equipment
- Be a mentor to on-site electrical and instrument technicians on electrical and instrument trouble shooting, safety and repair
What You Will Need:
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering or closely related discipline from an accredited college or university
At least 5 years of experience with design, implementation and troubleshooting of electrical and instrument systems
Knowledge of NFPA 70E arc flash requirements and all OSHA electrical compliance
Demonstrated experience with applying current industry standards in a chemical based plant
Ability to travel up to 10%
Want to learn more about INVISTA?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf