Make it Happen Overnight Counselor at College Success Foundation
Posted in Summer Jobs 30+ days ago.
Location: Tacoma, Washington
Make It Happen (MIH) is a four day, three night, college campus experience for students who have personal experience in foster care. MIH attendees are 11th and 12th graders and rising college freshmen. Summer program activities include college readiness workshops, resource connection events, and opportunities for strengthening supportive networks. As a result of attending MIH, students will feel more equipped to develop and initiate their post-secondary education plans.
MIH takes place on the campus of The University of Puget Sound (UPS) in Tacoma, WA. Students and staff will reside on the UPS campus throughout the program, staying overnight in gender-specific residence halls.
Overnight Counselors will work the nights of June 25 June 28th, from 10 pm 7 am with a 2 hour orientation prior to the first shift on Monday the 25.
- Must be a currently enrolled college or graduate student in good standing, or a recent graduate within the last two years.
- Must be able to arrange own transportation to and from event.
- Experience as a camp counselor, facilitating after-school or enrichment programs, coaching youth sports teams, or other youth development experience a plus.
- We strongly encourage alumni of foster care, alumni of CSF programming, and CSF scholarship recipients (or former recipients) to apply.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States; upon hire applicants will be required to complete employment paperwork, including Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9) and must be able to provide valid original documentation by the first day of the program. A list of acceptable documentation can be found at: Form I-9 Acceptable Documentation
College Success Foundation is an EEO/AA/Disabled/Veteran employer and maintains a drug free environment.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.