Regrind Technician at Plastipak Packaging Inc.
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mc Calla, Alabama
Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
- Operates and calibrates grinding equipment.
- Perform basic mechanical, general maintenance, and preventative maintenance tasks.
- Perform quality inspections to ensure material is clean.
- Ability to perform basic troubleshooting and problem solving on the equipment.
- Operates test equipment and performs analysis of data for production and labor personnel.
- Calibrates grind machine equipment in plastic container manufacturing facilities.
- Evaluates adequacy of operation of grinding machines.
- Modifies existing equipment and participates in planning and testing modified equipment and instrumentation procedures.
- Observes all local and company safety policies and procedures as well as housekeeping requirements to include GMP.
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.