Warehouse Specialist at Olgoonik
Posted in Construction 18 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: San Diego, CaliforniaJob Description:
The individual performs a variety of warehousing duties that require an understanding of the establishment's storage plan. Must follow all steps in the SOP and all instructions per site procedures.
- Verifying materials (or merchandise) against receiving documents.
- Noting and reporting discrepancies and obvious damages.
- Routing materials to prescribed storage locations; storing, stacking, or palletizing materials in accordance with prescribed storage methods.
- Rearranging and taking inventory of stored materials, examining stored materials and reporting deterioration and damage.
- Removing material from storage and delivering it to the proper locations.
- May operate hand or power trucks in performing warehousing duties.
- May be required to work any shift including weekends and Holidays.
- Become proficient in Supply systems. And use of the RFI hand held system.
- Must follow all Safety and occupational health rules.
- Over time may be required.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- Prefer three to five years' experience in distribution operations.
- Prefer three to five years' supply system or electronic distribution system experience in distribution, supply, and industrial or transportation operation involved in receipt, transportation, storage, repair and issue of material in stock.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A thorough understanding of the establishment's storage plan with the ability to read planographs.
- Must understand and stay in compliance with storage and handling of Hazardous Material(HCC)
- Must have knowledge and understanding logistics management systems and other Government information systems.
- Must have excellent organizational, communications and planning skills.
- Must be able to speak and read English.
- Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work individually or as a member of a Team.
- Must have and maintain a current driver's license. Must have own transportation to work.
- Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under a minimum supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and have a strong attention for detail.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
General warehouse environment. Some travel domestically based on business demands.