Supply Technician at Olgoonik
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: San Diego, CaliforniaJob Description:
Lead supply technician who coordinates activities of workers receiving material, issuing material to craftsperson/customers.
- Perform limited aspects of technical supply management work (e.g., inventory management, storage management, cataloging, property utilization) related to depot, local, or other supply activities.
- Inventory management of decentralized and decontrolled items, including supplies, and equipment.
- Material coordination for special programs, maintenance, or production shops.
- Catalog supply channels of a particular agency or field establishment.
- Work within a framework of established supply regulations, policies, and procedures, or other governing supply management guidelines.
- Deal with a variety of operating officials regarding limited aspects of program needs of the organization serviced.
- Contact may relate to inventory requirements in a stable or standardized organization and to the adequate description or identification of less complex items which are new to the system.
- May contact representatives of commercial firms to obtain information regarding new items of supply, item characteristics, or procurement lead time; or representatives of government agencies (Federal, State or local) regarding the utilization of property.
- Provide technical assistance in the processing of supply transaction regarding the store inventory to insure material requirements for short, long-range, special, and priority projects are met.
- Direct preparation of supply requisitions for approved work orders.
- Review listings concerning status of store stock and bench stock items.
- Maintain contact with zone supervisors as to material status and actual or potential problems.
- Provide assistance to zone supervisors in the development of bench stock levels.
- Search computer files concerning on hand assets to identify errors in inventory and selects corrective procedures to reconcile records.
- Perform continual review over the material inventory and update computer files as required.
- As directed, performs a variety of warehousing duties, which require an understanding of the establishment's storage plan.
- Monitor delinquent deliveries.
- Route materials to prescribed storage locations.
- Store, stack, or palletize materials in accordance with prescribed storage methods.
- Rearrange and taking inventory of stored materials.
- Examine stored materials and reporting deterioration and damage; removing material from storage and preparing it for shipment.
- Perform miscellaneous quality assurance duties including inspections, inventory process checks, inspecting and examining materials, article inspections, etc.
- May operate hand or power trucks in performing warehousing duties.
- Issue written and oral instructions.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must have High School Diploma or GED.
- One year certificate from college or technical school required. (May substitute experience for education on a year-by-year basis).
- At least six months related general experience and/or training.
- Three years of material/supply functions, either in the military services on in commercial applications.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be trained to operate forklift up to 6000 pounds.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Suite of products including, Word, Excel, Access and E-mail business software.
- Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to work effectively under a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and have a strong attention for detail.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must maintain a current state drivers license.
SECRET Level Required
- Must have a current US Government SECRET Personnel Security Clearance or be able to successfully complete a U.S. government administered Investigation.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must also be able to maintain a US Government SECRET clearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds.
No travel required
Point Loma and North Island locations.