Class A CDL Truck Driver - Covington, GA at Oldcastle Building Envelope Inc
Posted in Drivers 19 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: covington, Georgia
Job ID: 129470
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a division of Oldcastle, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We are looking for a reliable Class A CDL driver who will make glass deliveries to local and out of state customers. This position involves transporting glass and/or metal products, load securement, daily pre and post trip inspection of vehicles, multiple deliveries, and customer service. Unloading could include handling loose, crated racked glass, metal, and associated products as well as operating boom cranes, and truck mounted Moffetts. This is an early morning start time with a possibility of layovers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Safely loading, transporting, and unloading glass and metal in a class A truck
- Handling loose, crated, and racked glass, metal, and associated products
- Electronically logging hours of service and all other assigned necessary paperwork
- Handling varying road, traffic, and weather conditions
- Operation of hand-held scanners and electronic logging devices
- Must be able to work varied shifts - sometimes involving night work and overtime if required
- Using necessary equipment including, but not limited to: straight truck, flatbed, boom crane, knuckle boom, Moffett, tilt dolly, pallet jack, hoist, lift truck, power tools, tie down devices, calculator, and tape measure
- Possess a valid class A commercial driver's license issued by the state of residence to operate the type of equipment the applicant will be driving
- A current valid Class A CDL license with at least two (2) years of verifiable driving experience
- Must have a clean MVR for at least the last seven (7) years
- Able to work a flexible starting schedule and/or overtime
- Ability to determine whether transported cargo is properly located, distributed, and secured n the vehicle. Is familiar with methods and procedures for securing cargo in or on the Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV)
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public as well as law enforcement, to understand traffic signs and signals, to respond to official inquiries, and make entries on reports and records
- Skilled at handling varying road, traffic, and weather conditions
- Satisfy all federal, state, and local government requirements
- Good customer relations skills
- Ability to obtain a medical examiner's certificate of physical qualification
- Willingness and ability to load truck at the warehouse and unload at customer locations and job sites
- Multiple-stop routes or comparable experience preferred
- Have muscular and cardiovascular endurance to perform functions required for glass handling such as balancing, reaching, stooping, crouching, kneeling, pushing, and pulling
- Tight gripping, cupping, and wrist motions are required to support and carry and maneuver up to 75 pounds. Must be able to pass a 75 lb lift test.
- Ability to wear required safety equipment, including safety boots with metatarsal guards and stand for extended periods of time
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
- When applying, please provide full employment history
- Only online applications will be accepted
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
#CAN #CB2 J2C3