Maintenance Supervisor at Vestas Blades America, Inc.
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 18 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Greeley, Colorado
You are part of the high-paced, international work environment of Vestas – the global leader in wind energy. Your achievements change the world’s energy mix and help preserve our planet for future generations. You're part of a growing industry and a company with global production setup with focus on safety, quality and teamwork.
Vestas Blades America, Inc.
The Maintenance department is responsible for installing, inspecting, testing, repairing, adjusting, and calibrating instruments/machines responsible for the manufacturing of turbine blades and blade components as well as being able to perform minor physical structures of buildings, custodial and grounds duties as necessary.
- Development and implementation of preventive and predictive maintenance techniques.
- Inspects and tests shop equipment and new and repaired instruments to verify dimensions of parts and for conformance to quality control standards.
- Disassembles, adjusts, alters repairs, calibrates, and reassembles damaged or defective instruments.
- Assists workers in repair of instruments and machines.
- Meets and negotiates with outside vendors to develop contracts and pricing agreements and maintains contacts.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, new parts, instruments and supplies.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications, and standards.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Performs activities of workers supervised.
- Prepares work orders indicating malfunctions of instruments.
- Advanced shop tool knowledge and tool purchasing understanding.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Advanced electrical and mechanical skills are required.
- Associates degree from two-year college in a related technical field or certificate or diploma from trade school in related field
- Five years’ experience in the maintenance and/or operation of a process manufacturing facility or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth knowledge of the Manufacturing plant, chemical plant or refinery maintenance.
- Experience with repairs and maintenance of processing equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Advanced computer skills needed
- Advanced skills in Microsoft programs
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong Natural Ability to Work and Lead Teams
- High Degree of Adaptability & Flexibility
- Strong Desire to Learn New Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent Work Ethic, Dependability & Dedication to Team/Company
- Personal Desire/Value to Produce Quality Work
- Ability/Desire to work as Craftsman with Hand tools
- Problem Solver oriented
- Customer focused
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: fully funded healthcare; dental; vision; vacation and sick time; generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or
national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is located in Windsor, CO. This is an evening shift position (1:30 pm-10:00 pm
Monday – Friday). On call on some weekends.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design,
manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 83 GW of
wind turbines in 75 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 73 GW of wind turbines
under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-
class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 22,000 employees are bringing the world
sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and
following us on social media channels.