Mid-Level Environmental Engineer/Scientist at Intertek
Posted in General Business 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Farmington Hills, Michigan
MID-LEVEL ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST
PSI, an Intertek Company, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Mid-Level Environmental Scientist to join our Business and Construction team in Farmington Hills, MI.
Ranked #17 on the 2017 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
• Supporting the department on all environmental services including Phase I and II environmental site assessments (ESAs), soil and groundwater sampling, wetland surveys, and field observation documentation.
• Will assist in the development of work scope, report preparation, client coordination and assessment of proper response actions.
• Assist the Project Manager and team in ensuring effective client and regulatory agency communication and regulations. As well as assisting on technical assignments and management of specific elements of the project both in the field and in the office.
Requirements - we are seeking one or more of the following certifications:
• B.S. Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Geology or related field preferred
• Prior experience in environmental consulting services.
• Position is well suited for someone with 5-10 years of experience.
• Excellent communication, both written and verbal and organizational abilities.
• Familiarity with MS Office products.
• Ability to work in the field under adverse weather conditions
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans' status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.