Records Specialist at Document Technologies, LLC
Posted in Legal Admin 18 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
It's fun to work at a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
Epiq is currently seeking a Legal Records Specialist to work in a top law firm in San Francisco! This position is responsible for creating, maintaining and storing records/files in support of client needs. To succeed in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required by interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form and effectively presenting information and responding to questions from managers, clients, customers and co-workers.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Manage intake of client documents, both physical & electronic; Sort and prepare documents for interfiling and indexing where required.
- Create files and/or replacement folders
- Interfile prepared documents into folders, and sub-folders.
- Process client requests for internal and external file and/or box retrievals.
- Pull and deliver files or boxes; and return retrievals.
- Conduct periodic onsite inventories of record file folders.
- Process requests to close files.
- Prepare files for offsite storage, perform file box inventory and ship boxes to offsite storage.
- Conceptual & practical knowledge of electronic & physical records practices and the types of work product produced
- Knowledgeable in the following systems: Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, Access
- Typing skills 40 WPM.
- Working knowledge of Records Management software programs (LegalKey, Worksite/Filesite, Filetrail)
- Develops positive working relationships with all members of team/client site.
- Communicates openly and honestly in a professional manner.
- Performs well under stress, keeps commitment and completes assignments on time and according to requirements.
- Manages personal life outside of office hours.
- Flexibility in supporting evolving business needs.
- Ensures customer service level remains high.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Epiq Systems, Inc. and its affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, marital or veteran status or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law. In addition Epiq will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Pursuant to relevant law, where applicable, Epiq will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.