Records Specialist at Document Technologies, LLC
Posted in Legal Admin 21 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Columbus, Ohio
It's fun to work at a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
Epiq is seeking candidates for the position of Records Specialist- Law Firm
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Serves as a primary interface between the professional staff and legal secretaries and the Records Center.
- Processes all new incoming information, applying all appropriate tasks, e.g. identifying, sorting, classifying, compiling, organizing, applying appropriate security restrictions, coding material for integration into the records management system, recording appropriate data, and physically shelving or returning to off-site storage.
- Responds promptly to user requests for folder production.
- Follows standard procedures for all tasks related to creating files, shelving, retrieving, circulating, follow-up, audits, and pulling closed files.
- Understands and complies with all required RIM software data entry standards.
- Recalls or asks for a recall of boxes upon request from users or other RIM staff for boxes in off-site storage and ensures the return of boxes in a timely manner.
- Pulls closed files on a regular basis, boxes files, changes RIM status in the software, runs inventories, and creates documentation for the transfer of boxes off-site.
- Shifts files on the shelf routinely to re-allocate space.
- Performs scanning functions for specific projects or specifically identified records according to standard procedures.
- Maintains the confidentiality and disclosure requirements identified in the "Client" policies and procedures.
- Assists other Record Center staff as backup with daily records requests or other tasks when necessary or staff is required to meet a tight deadline.
- Works on special projects as needed.
- Reports to the RIM Supervisor.
- This position is located in Downtown Columbus.
Required Characteristics and Credentials
- Associate degree of two years college (preferred) or equivalent work experience in a records management position
- 1 year experience in an active/inactive legal records management position
- Knowledge of and working experience with Microsoft Office Suite and a records management software product
- Autonomy or Legal KEY application experience (preferred)
- Good Organizational and communication skills
- Critical thinker and problem solver, with attention to detail. Ability to interface with all levels of personnel, to include internal supervisory personnel, professional staff, secretaries, and develop cooperative working relationships with co-workers for the purpose of exchanging information and assisting with records management software or general records questions or problems.
- Ability to routinely work with, lift, and move standard L/L boxes weighing 35 pounds.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Epiq Systems, Inc. and its affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, marital or veteran status or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law. In addition Epiq will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Pursuant to relevant law, where applicable, Epiq will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.