Functional Safety Engineer - Automated Driving at Aptiv
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Troy, Michigan
Moving mobility forward
Aptiv is making mobility real. We're at the forefront of solving mobility's toughest challenges. We have the people, experience, know-how and confidence to turn ideas into solutions. Solutions that move our world from what's now to what's next, while connecting us like never before. To us, nothing is impossible when you have the people with the passion to make anything possible. Mobility has the power to change the world, and we have the power to change mobility.
Join our innovative team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Here's your opportunity. Join the technology company that's transforming the future of mobility today.
Aptiv is a global technology company that develops safer, greener and more connected solutions, which enable the future of mobility. Headquartered in Gillingham, England, Aptiv has 147,000 employees and operates 14 technical centers, as well as manufacturing sites and customer support centers, in 45 countries. Visit aptiv.com
About Electronics and Safety
Electronics and Safety provides critical components, systems and advanced software for passenger safety, security, comfort and infotainment, as well as vehicle operation, including body controls, reception systems, and connectivity systems, hybrid vehicle power electronics, passive and active safety electronics, displays, and mechatronics. We enable Aptiv to be a world leader in Advanced Driver Assistance programs and automated driving. Divisional HQ: Wuppertal, Germany
We have an exciting opportunity for a Functional Safety Engineer - Autonomous Driving. This position is located in Troy, MI.
Summary: The Functional Safety Engineer will be involved in the entire Safety Life Cycle.
- Support System/Software Fault Tree Analysis with Lead Functional safety engineers
- Creation of Technical Safety Concept
- Perform Impact Analysis
- Collaborate with System/Software/Hardware Engineers to see the results of Fault Tree basic events were cascaded in to appropriate requirements at System/SW/HW levels
- Create Development Interface Agreement (DIA) with other suppliers
- Coordinate Verification reviews
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering/Systems Engineering/Computer Science with a minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering/Systems Engineering/Computer Science
- Knowledge of ISO 26262, System/Software V model
- Strong programming skills in Embedded C
- Experience with any of the microcontrollers
- Good communication skills; ability to explain concepts to other engineers
Traits we seek:
- Curiously investigate everything - ability to solving problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
- Lead with confidence - thought leaders who empower those around them
- Learn by doing - an entrepreneurial mindset that's driven by hands-on experimentation
- Embrace resilience - seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
Aptiv Rewards & Advantages:
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Competitive health benefits
- 401K with matching contribution
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
Candidates for positions with Aptiv must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Apply Online Ready to take the first step?