Sr. Systems Engineer at Greenwich Biosciences, Inc.
Posted in Architecture 20 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Carlsbad, California
We are looking for enthusiastic and talented individuals who thrive on challenge and change, and who want to make a difference through the delivery of results.
About the Role:
Exciting career opportunity for a Sr. Systems Engineer specifically experienced with:
- Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Active Directory (on-premise + Azure)
In addition, the ideal candidate will have well-rounded knowledge in other enterprise-level technologies like Office 365, Virtualization (VMware + Hyper-V), Windows Server 2012 + 2016, networking, and PowerShell scripting.
This role will tackle complex infrastructure challenges with creative automation and configuration management solutions. They will manage multiple remote Windows based endpoints through Microsoft's SCCM for software deployments, patch management, reporting, and system configuration. They will play a key role in building, monitoring and scaling our infrastructure during a period of rapid growth.
Initial priorities will be to optimize Active Directory (with all components) and to take SCCM to the full set of capabilities it has to offer for an enterprise. In addition to providing business, technical, and functional expertise in the delivery and support of Information Technology (IT) services to our global operations (US & UK).
- Administer and maintain System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) (Installation, configuration, upgrade, etc.)
- Perform patch management for servers, workstations, and other infrastructure devices
- Build and deploy software and configuration packages for deployment to clients and servers
- Implement automation and optimized workflows using SCCM
- Manage Active Directory in multi-site setup
- Implement Group Policies that compliment SCCM deployments and configurations
- Active Directory Administration & Design (on-premise, cloud (Azure AD))
- Optimize directory services for single-sign on using Okta and Workday
- Provide system administration and support for Exchange Online, Skype Online, and other Office 365 components
- Administration support for Windows servers (2008, 2012, 2016) in a mixed physical/virtualized environment (Hyper-V, VMware, HP hardware)
- Provide Support for enterprise level applications (on-premise, Cloud, Microsoft SQL Server, SCCM, SharePoint, etc.) manage hosts in both VMWare and Hyper-V environments to manage deployment, backup, maintenance, and planning of virtualized environments
- Work with compliance, auditors, and quality assurance (QA) teams to meet requirements for system documentation, configuration, validation, and compliance in a regulated environment
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Information Technology or relevant field; equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- 5+ years of expert SCCM knowledge (senior level knowledge required)
- 10+ years of related technical work experience with physical and virtual server infrastructure systems; Windows (2008, 2012, 2016)
- 3+ years of experience with cloud technologies highly preferred
- Systems Design and architecture skills
- Forward thinking and agile
- Customer Service oriented
- Occasional on-call and off-hour work may be required
- Strong project management skills preferred
- ITIL/ITSM Framework experience preferred
- Life Science industry background and experience preferred
- Knowledge of Information Security best practices preferred