Regional Technical Manager- Atlanta, GA at Jaguar Land Rover NA
Posted in Architecture 21 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Outline of Role:
As part of the Technical Services Team, and based at our Corporate Headquarters in Mahwah, NJ and regional offices (Atlanta, GA; Naperville, IL; Irvine, CA; and Mississauga, CA), the Regional Technical Manager (“RTM”) is responsible for driving the compliance & competency of Retailer Workshop Technical operations to deliver Aftersales customer satisfaction and customer retention. This RTM role is based within the Atlanta, GA Regional Office and will include a ratio of 1:20 retailers (which may be adjusted to meet business demands).
Main accountabilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Drive Technical Excellence within a Retailer Operation
- Works with retailer management to actively develop a customer-focused culture, which delivers high levels of customer loyalty and advocacy.
- Works with Retailers to review data on customer satisfaction (e.g. CLP, Mystery Shop, CRC open cases) relating to Workshop process and make improvements to the customer experience.
- Supports the Retailer to deliver outstanding customer service by getting involved to ensure the Retailer Technical Processes are aligned to JLR Standards.
- Manages performance
- Monitors the performance of the Retailer’s Workshop against targets, using a wide range of JLR reports and tools (e.g. Repair Standards, Red Flag, RFT, Diagnostics, Quality Checks, Equipment Compliance, Battery Care Standards, Vehicle off Road (VOR), DTS open cases, Campaign Management, CRC open cases, Health and Safety records).
- Reviews key processes (e.g. diagnostic processes, job cards, quality checks, concern reporting (TA, ePQR), Field Service Actions, Warranty processes) and identifies opportunities to improve compliance and efficiency.
- Guides Retailer Management to Improve Performance through analysis of Repeat Repair, Quality Check and Red Flag Metrics.
- Coaches and supports retailer managers to ensure approved Tooling and Diagnostic Equipment is available and maintained in line with JLR Standards to ensure correct Diagnostics and Repair.
- Compiles a report to communicate improvement opportunities to Retailer with closure plans and responsibilities for each concern raised.
- Proactively follows up on action plans to deliver agreed improvements in workshop performance
- Maintains data and completes reporting on retailers in own Region, in accordance with NSC/JLR standards and formats.
- Liaises with Retailer managers to respond to requests for data from the NSC.
- Monitors performance against JLR Franchise Standards
- Assesses Workshop and standards against JLR Franchise Standards, DSAT and Retailer Technical Assessment Process and implements in conjunction with retailer management any corrective actions required
- Guides Managers to develop the capability and performance of their workshop teams; ensures that the Retailer is fully compliant with JLR competency and training requirements
- Works with retailers to review the outcomes from Retailer Standards Audits and implement any corrective action which is required
- Supports the implementation of JLR initiatives and programs by the Retailer
- Communicates and supports retailers to implement key JLR Workshop indicatives and technologies (e.g. EVHC, new diagnostic tools) which are being rolled out by the NSC/Importer
- Provides coaching to workshop teams to support specific initiatives (e.g. use of systems such as TOPix, DDW and SDD)
- Drives a focus on continuous improvement
- Supports Retailer managers to identify improvement opportunities for workshop processes by sharing best practice ideas and providing coaching using improvement techniques (e.g. root causing)
- Works with workshop teams, using best practice tools (e.g. the Dealer Service Experience and Toolkit) to identify opportunities for improvement
- Ensure Retailer is updated with Latest Repair and Diagnostic Guides and Bulletins
- Ensure Retailer has a Robust Process for Technician Training and Development
- Team working
- Acts as an ambassador for the Jaguar and Land Rover brands; role model the JLR Customer First Behaviors in all aspects of the role
- Supports Retailer in the discussions of complex technical situations with Customer
- Works with other JLR Regional Managers (e.g. Regional Business Managers and Regional Aftersales Managers) and central teams (e.g. Dealer Technical Support) to deliver a ‘joined up’ approach to Retailers and optimise the performance of the territory
- Coaches and supports retailer technicians and service advisors in all aspects of Vehicle Primary and Secondary Diagnostics
- Maintains positive and influential relationships with NSC/Importer teams and JLR Global teams, to input feedback from customers/retailers
- Relationships with Retailer Aftersales Managers and Dealer Principals
- Relationships with JLR colleagues working in the same territory
- Relationships with other JLR colleagues (NSC/Importer, Global)
- Achievement of business targets (customer satisfaction/retention, Red Flag, RFT, Red Flag, Technical Case Closure, Equipment Compliance
- Compliance with JLR Workshop standards and processes (e.g. DSAT results, Field Service Actions)
- Successful delivery of business improvement and change (e.g. Workshop capacity planning, systems implementation)
- Achievement of Retailer Technical Assessment Target
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or AAS Degree in Engineering or relevant discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- ASE Certification.
- Minimum 5 years in an automotive technical service or engineering capacity.
- Ability to conduct in depth technical analysis, communicate and resolve technical problems.
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering, physics, principals of electricity and electronics.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office suite for data analysis.
- Understanding of dealer customer service operations.
- Understanding of technicians needs and expectations to service & repair automobiles.
- Strong Communication Skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work in a team and independently with applied initiative.
- Ability to work weekends and extended hours.
- Meet JLR Level 4 technical certification within first year of employment.
- Must have strong business acumen, and the ability to work with people at varying levels within the organization.
- Must have the ability to travel 80% within assigned region.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
See Job Description