Quality Engineer at Caterpillar
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: East Peoria, Illinois
FIND A CAREER THAT MATTERS TO YOU
At Caterpillar, you can build the career you want. We are looking to hire for a range of skills, experience levels and qualifications. Join us and grow professionally, whether you work with us for a while or for the duration of your career. Our employees have the chance to create a varied resume by pursuing different career paths at Caterpillar-by moving between our many business units, job functions or locations. Ready to put your passion to work?
The Product Support & Logistics Division currently has an opening for a Quality Engineer located in the East Peoria, IL area. The Quality Engineer is responsible for supporting Caterpillar's Quality Management System for a business division. The incumbent advises operations teams on production and product issues based on customer feedback through investigation, analysis and team leadership to resolve quality issues and drive continuous improvement. This role will be supporting the East Peoria Undercarriage Operations.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical support for multiple value streams by leading quality development and certification of processes, cost reduction, production quality problems resolution, and warranty reduction
- Performs Quality Assurance for a business division by performing product test procedures, validating product specifications, performing audits, and supports product reliability improvements via Caterpillar's New Product Introduction program and Continuous Product Improvement programs
- Develops plans and tools to support quality systems and related processes for a business division. The incumbent provides support for quality programs and certifications, as well as Lean Manufacturing and systems implementations
- Supports business division employees tracking continuous quality improvement projects and a quality scorecard, leading internal quality programs, developing related training programs, conducting internal quality audits and facilitating management reviews
- Working with management and production employees to improve quality practices in their processes through continuous improvement projects, Built in Quality implementation, and facilitating root cause corrective action investigation