Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Kingshill, Virgin Islands
With a passion for excellence, Golden Key Group (GKG) helps clients solve their strategic, organizational and operational challenges to better meet their mission demands. We have serviced more than 25 Federal departments and agencies and several large commercial companies since our inception in 2002.
Golden Key Group's talented professionals, combined with our strategic partners, bring a depth of commercial and government experience and expertise. We are relentless in delivering the highest levels of services to provide tangible value and create sustainable results for our clients.
Position: Family Assistance Center Specialist
The Family Assistance Center Specialist (FACS) is responsible for coordinating and facilitating data, referral, and monthly follow-up services for Army National Guard (ARNG) Service Members, Family Members, Retirees, and Civilian Government Employees. FAC Specialist possess outstanding communication skills (both written and oral) along with a desire to assist Service Members and their family members with financial, legal, crisis intervention, outreach, available programs, and community referrals.
* Assesses customer interaction to identify needs, refer resources as appropriate for assistance, and follow-up if required.
* Inputs data into the Family Management Program (FMP) database system within 24 hours for all applicable Service Members, Family Members, Civilian Government Employees, and Retirees and conduct follow-up on all cases recorded within 72 hours.
* Responds to and efficiently handles time-sensitive calls as received, to include during off-hours.
* Accesses and analyzes data from surveys, referrals, and follow-up services on, but not limited to, financial, legal, crisis intervention, TRICARE, ID Card/DEERS, community referrals and outreach services.
* Coordinates assistance from military, government, and civilian organizations as needed to assist Service Members, Family Members, Retirees, and Civilian Government Employees experiencing hardships.
* Establishes and maintains monthly contact by email, telephone or face-to-face with each deployed/mobilized Army National Guard Member's designated Family Member(s) or point of contact.
* Composes and routes correspondence in a timely and accurate manner (within 24 hours).
* Conducts research, compiles and types statistical reports for program improvement, synthesize information and provide excellent communication (orally and written) to disseminate information throughout the organization.
* Acts as a resource to the Family Readiness Group in gathering, collating, maintaining, and disseminating information and resources to Service Members and their families.
* Coordinates and facilitates support groups, life skill education, and supportive counseling for survivors in coordination with appropriate trained/licensed/certified service providers.
* Schedules and conducts FAC specific briefings at workshops and events on local, state, and federal resources and benefits available to Service Members and Families.
* Maintains a current calendar/database of job fairs and employment opportunities in their State.
* Attends all National Guard Bureau and contract sponsored Family Assistance training offered via face-to-face, Defense Communication System (DCS), Video Teleconference (VTC), or webinar.
* Associate's degree is preferred or one year of experience serving as support staff for a Family Program or well-being program in the military.
* Strongly preferred experience includes all of the following: demonstrated experience working with or for a Military organization (I.e.: Service Member, Family Member, Volunteer, Retiree, Civilian Employee, Government Contractor), a strong understanding of the ARNG and its deployment support cycle requirements, and possess the ability to make oral presentations to various size groups.
* Must possess broad-based knowledge, experience, and skills in the areas of military personnel, human resources, and family programs as well as an understanding of the Army National Guard (ARNG).
* Demonstrate a working knowledge of military well-being programs, family programs, and the deployment support cycle requirements.
* Must be computer literate and proficient in preparing Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents; have the ability to gather information, create and maintain PowerPoint briefings, make recommendations for program improvement, and provide communication (orally and written) to disseminate information throughout the organization.
* Must be a self-starter, require minimum oversight, and demonstrate good interpersonal communication skills; possess a current and valid driver's license. The Contractor shall have the ability to meet last minute and/or meet frequent travel requirements.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English.
Place of Performance: 10 & 18A VI Corp Land Bethlehem Kingshill, VI 850
EEO and Affirmative Action Policy: Golden Key Group (GKG) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of GKG to provide equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State or Local laws.
Pay Transparency Policy: In accordance with Presidential Executive Order 13665, Golden Key Group (GKG) will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information: By expressing your interest and submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Golden Key Group (GKG) to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should GKG or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents