Customer Service Manager at Ferrellgas
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Saint Peters, Missouri
APPLY TO BECOME A NAME BEHIND THE FLAME!
For more than 70 years, people all across America have relied on Ferrellgas for their home, business, and agricultural needs.
Why work at Ferrellgas* Because Ferrellgas maintains a friendly, family, competitive atmosphere within a growing Organization that currently stands second largest in the U.S. Our blue trucks stand at the forefront of green efforts by means of new propane fueled initiatives such as autogas. Performance improvement is expected and is facilitated through in house competitions and annual employee recognition awards.
We strive to hire and retain the most elite employees, several of which have been featured in Ingram's "Top 40 under 40" lists. Not only does Ferrellgas care about the Employee, we care about the Employee's family as well; which is why we offer a scholarship program for the children of our Employees. Not to mention Ferrellgas is a Fortune 1000 company!
If you want to be part of a winning Organization, join the Ferrellgas Team today!
Description: The primary purpose of the Customer Service Manager is to oversee the day-to-day customer service functions across multiple locations. The Customer Service Manager ensures that all of the Customer Service Specialist (CSS) tasks are completed timely, that a high level of performance is maintained, and that the standards of Ferrellgas customer service are achieved. In addition, the incumbent will support the Customer Service Pledge and adhere to the principles of the Cycle of Service/Sales and Satisfaction Scorecard. This position typically requires 2 or more years of post-secondary education or the equivalent of 5 or more years of experience, with 1 to 3 years of experience supervising employees.
* Leads a Customer Service team that provides an exceptional level of service to all customers and that fosters customer satisfaction and positions the Service Center to grow and retain customers
* Interviews, hires and terminates staff as needed
* Sets clear and realistic expectations and provides the necessary tools and resources required to achieve expectations
* Partners with General Managers and other leadership to assess the quality of customer interactions throughout the Service Center
* Provides orientation and on-the-job training for new Customer Service Specialists and cross-training on all CSS duties
* Manages Customer Service staffing based on business needs
* Directs and assigns the daily, weekly, monthly Customer Service tasks ensuring timely execution to include a high level of accuracy upon completion
* Handles all escalated customer complaints
* Fosters and leads a positive team environment
* Serves as liaison between customer service team, management team and corporate partners
* Ensures all customer interactions are consistently and accurately maintained in the system
* 1-3 years of experience supervising employees
* Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent of 5 or more years related experience
* Ability to organize and motivate in leading by example
* Strong Typing and data entry experience
* Proven telephone communication skills
* Proficient PC skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Ability to get along with others and work within a team environment
* Genuine commitment to providing superior Customer Service
* Basic accounting skills
* PeopleSoft experience preferred
* Ability and willingness to 20% regional travel
Ferrellgas offers competitive pay, a comprehensive cafeteria style benefits package, a wellness credit, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, paid holidays, vacation, and bonus potential.
Keywords: Customer Service, management, manager, CISCO, PeopleSoft, call center, phone, propane, LP, coaching, training