Director, Product Management at Stanley Black & Decker
Posted in Other 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Southington, Connecticut
Who is Stanley Black & Decker?
We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Vidmar. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. And you can guarantee that we ll keep making it work.
Within the Hand Tools & Storage division of Stanley Black & Decker we are currently looking for a Director of Product Management to join our building team. In this role, you will guide a team that is responsible for contributing to the commercial success of the business unit through sustained and profitable growth of the product lines. This person is responsible for developing and implementing overall policies, procedures and goals related to product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle.
* Manage all products within the strategic business unit through the development lifecycle working with an agile engineering team to deliver rapid time-to-market; ensure that products are modified as needed to meet evolving customer needs.
* Understand market trends in order to ensure product strategy aligns with the needs of the customer; develop and execute product road map
* Ensure that all products within the business unit support the company s overall strategy and goals
* Develop product positioning and messaging in conjunction with the Global Marketing department to ensure successful product launches
* Creates the business case for product investment and secure internal & external buy-in
* Motivate team and provide direction and guidance as well as hands-on project management for all product development within the business unit.
* Formulate short and long term objectives and standards of performance for the department
* Work with cross functional teams to develop manufacturing and sourcing strategies to support business and product plans and financial objectives.
* Work with operational teams in improving SKU ration, eliminating E&O and surpassing service level
* BS Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Engineering or related field
* Minimum 8 years of experience in engineering or sales functions
* Minimum 4 years of experience of management experience
* Business focus with strong project management background, previous P&L responsibility, and demonstrated experience in business planning and budget management
* Strong operational skills
* Knowledge of product planning and market research
* Has ability to manage many simultaneous projects across global teams
25% INTERNATIONAL / DOMESTIC TRAVEL REQUIRED
Courage & Innovation Bravely innovate without boundaries. Generate and embrace new ideas. Drive cutting-edge digital solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth
Agility & Performance Simplify to accelerate business results. Anticipate, adapt to and lead changes. Focus on the right things and act. Perform in ways that exceed expectations.
Inclusivity & Collaboration Respect and leverage all aspects of diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view. Collaborate to amplify customer value. Communicate to drive meaningful outcomes.
Integrity & Accountability Operate with highest ethical standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act with transparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own the results.
*Job Description is Subject to Change*
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran s status or any other protected characteristic.