Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Bridgeport, West Virginia
POSITION DESCRIPTION AND COMPETENCY EVALUATION
REPORTS TO: SUPERVISOR, LABORATORY
Q 90 DAY
Q 90 DAY TRANSFER
Collects blood specimens by venipunctures and capillary puncture and performs receptionist and clerical duties in both the in-patient and outpatient departments.
1. High school graduation required with minimum of one semester of typing required.
2. Must be personable and capable of maintaining good rapport between laboratory, patients, and other departments of the hospital. Application of good guest relation procedures is required.
3. Good handwriting skills.
4. Manual dexterity.
5. Prefer candidates with ASCP or NCA registration, registration eligible, or previous phlebotomy experience. 6 months of full time phlebotomy experience required.
6. Current CPR required or successful completion of CPR training within 90 days of hire.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS FOR PHLEBOTOMIST
STATE OR IMPLY THAT THE DUTIES, ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, AND JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE THE ONLY PARAMETERS FOR THIS POSITION. ASSOCIATES ARE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW JOB-RELATED INSTRUCTION AND PERFORM OTHER JOB RELATED ACTIVITIES REQUESTED BY THEIR SUPERVISOR.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION IN ORDER TO PROVIDE A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION TO INDIVIDUALS WITH PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITIES AS DEFINED BY THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT. SOME REQUIREMENTS MAY EXCLUDE INDIVIDUALS WHO POSE A DIRECT THREAT OR SIGNIFICANT TO THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF THEMSELVES, THE PATIENTS, OR OTHER ASSOCIATES.
Procurement and Processing of blood and body fluids for Laboratory testing.
Must be able to stand, sit, and/or walk for long periods of time.
Visual activity must not be impaired. Color differentiation is required.
Equipment operation requires manual dexterity.
Concentrated mental activity required for organizing tasks, reading and matching identification numbers, and following complex procedures.
Must be able to follow complex procedures with minimal guidance.
Must understand basic theory behind laboratory operation.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)