Content Analyst and Knowledge Engineer at Yahoo
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: SUNNYVALE, Texas
Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of 50+ media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.
We're looking for a creative, smart, and versatile generalist with editorial and technical skills to participate in a variety of projects including handling data feeds, building taxonomies, classifying online content, analyzing user behavior, and assisting with a variety of other tasks. You should have a fascination with the Internet and online culture: you'll be spending all day with it!
- Understanding users' wants and needs, making product feature suggestions based on the competitive landscape and user climate.
- Liaising with engineering and product leads; bringing users' interests to the context of the project.
- Monitoring and analyzing site traffic and usage data to make programming decisions
- Classifying diverse unstructured data.
- Participating in regular high volume testing assignments, contributing key insights.
- Communicating ongoing product improvements, distributing information promptly, and escalating issues with the appropriate members of the product team.
- Discovering, evaluating, editing, and programming content to help meet user information needs in desktop and mobile environments.
- Manipulating extracted data using internal tools and open source technologies.
- BA required. Preferred fields: Linguistics, Journalism, Computer Science, Library Information Science, Information Management, or other related fields.
- Two to four years of working experience.
- Ability to delve into new topics and a passion for learning, working independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to classify, analyze, and interpret data. Ability to pose and debate theoretical arguments based on research and data.
- Attention to detail, flexibility, and strong communication, writing, and organizational skills.
- Fluency in English.
Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.
Currently work for Oath? Please apply on our internal career site.