Material Coordinator-System Analyst at Olgoonik
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: San Diego, CaliforniaJob Description:
Perform full range of duties in the receipt, stow and issue of material as a Material Coordinator, System Analyst. Ensure items being stowed or shipped meet requirements of MIL-STD 129N. Must be proficient in use of ESD devices. Provide first article inspection if required as depot contract agreement. Perform packing / consolidation functions of materials.
- Assists Project Lead in creation of Material Movement Plan
- Creation of planograph warehouse locations
- Updates/modifies schema as required
- Runs QMF and DSS reports in support of:
- Creation of movement plan
- Daily workload lists
- Daily completed work
- Employee production tracking
- Project status
- Conducts causative research to resolve inventory discrepancies
- Identify, examine, classify, accept, reject, and dispose of material as per DLA regulations.
- Examinations may be visual or require measuring devices and techniques.
- Pack materials per P700 / DLA specifications
- Load material on and off of skids, pallets, stands.
- Prepare labels and reports.
- Operate tools and equipment.
- Receive data from and input data, to DSS and other automated systems.
- Operate MHE as assigned and hold appropriate license.
- Count, weigh, record data, apply tags and labels.
- Make preventive maintenance adjustments to related equipment.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Provide daily work assignment to assigned employees on Second Shift (1:00pm to 9:30PM) - Stock Clerks/Packers/Material Handlers and/or other personnel assigned to work center. May perform other Supervisory responsibilities as assigned by Site Manager/Alt Site Manager.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2 + years of college or technical school preferred.
- Minimum 3 years general warehouse experience.
- Minimum 2 years specific experience in material handling, material packing, supply, distribution, inspection, Quality Assurance (QA), or related areas.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have demonstrated ability to obtain certification in Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) and Radioactive training classes.
- Must be proficient in the use of Distribution Standard System (DSS) and other automated distribution systems used at site.
- Must be familiar with MIL-STD 129 and P700.
- Must possess knowledge of inspection/examination/packing procedures for material.
- Must possess knowledge of research techniques for unmarked/defective material (frustrated) requiring identification.
- Must be able to read contractual specifications, drawings, prints, schematics and photographs if required in the contract.
- May require training and certification for Ammunition, Explosive, Dangerous Articles Residue or Range Residue (INERT). May require Radiation Safety Training and serve as Assistant Radiation Protection Officer (ARPO).
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Suite of products including Word, Excel, Access and E-mail business software.
- Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and has a strong attention for detail.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
SECRET Level Required
- Must have a current US Government SECRET Personnel Security Clearance or be able to successfully complete a U.S. government administered Investigation.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must also be able to maintain a US Government SECRET clearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds.
General warehouse/office environment. This position is on Second and or Third Shift. Some travel required between sites based on business demands.